• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my sp 540v is leaking ink

artbot

where is it leaking. if it is leaking near the heads/boards, please turn off your machine and unplug it. you could easily fry the machine with a single drip of ink.

benupp

the ink is running out in the waste bottle, most of the time i go to work in the morning the bottle full and run mess up the floor

benupp

im using eco sol max and some time i used solaris but i dont think the ink is the problem because i just start used solaris and this happening for a good while now

benupp

yes i empty it but its now like every day, the funniest thing is that if i turn off the side switch and plug it out the ink still run out

InkjetAuction

Wicking??

Sounds like you may have a wicking problem. This is when the sponge in the captop touches the bottom of the printhead... it "pulls" the ink through the lines all the way to the waste.

How do the captops look? Are they swollen or torn up. Also, the caps may be sitting too "tight" or close to the head. This cap height may need to be adjusted.

~E

artbot

definitely. also, if he's turning off the machine, but doing a head soak to compensate for the printer being powered down, that can cause a siphon if the conditions are right.