• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My SP300V and its printing problem..

So I'm having problems with the printing of my SP300V.

This is the problem.

I turn my computer on and get flexi up and running. I get my design ready to go and then I turn on the printer.
After the printer turns on and get warmed up, I send the grafix to print.
It rips it and say it prints it. BUT it does not. I have to go turn the printer off and then on again.. After that it prints THEN anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of the way it stops printing, the head goes back into the printer and then it seems to lock up.
I turn the printer off again and then on. When it turns on it prints with no problem and as long as the machine does not sleep or get turned off for the rest of the day. It works fine.

any ideas on whats wrong?

Mason

Thats a tough one, You might try unistalling and reinstalling the software.. outside of that I got nothing

Sabre

It might be a bit of a grasp, but when was the last time you updated the firmware in your 300V? By "turning on", you're just using the sub-power button on the keypad and not the main power on the side, right?

It might be a bit of a grasp, but when was the last time you updated the firmware in your 300V? By "turning on", you're just using the sub-power button on the keypad and not the main power on the side, right?

Yes just the subpower. I have not updated the firmware since i got it.

Last edited:

Sabre

Firmware updates can be found here. But if you haven't done one before it might be a good idea to give your dealer a call and have him walk you through it. Again, I don't know if that would get you any further ahead on your problem, but it certainly couldn't make things worse.

high impact

This is grasping for thin air but worth a try if you have corrupted data in the printer memory:

Actually unplug the printer for a minute and allow the electronics to discharge. See if that makes a difference.

Firmware updates can be found here. But if you haven't done one before it might be a good idea to give your dealer a call and have him walk you through it. Again, I don't know if that would get you any further ahead on your problem, but it certainly couldn't make things worse.

I looked and i think i'm up-todate because the printer was bought in 10-15-07.

Sabre

When you initially turn on the machine it will show what version you're running. 6.60 is the newest.

TresL

I had a strange issue kinda like this that turned out to be the USB port on the PC. Changed to another USB port and haven't looked back since...

Here is a pic of whats its doing. Now its messing up every print.

IMG_6802.jpg

IMG_6805.jpg

IMG_6804.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

Robert M

Sp300v

Are you running Vista? I am having issues with Flexi 8.5 & Vista

Try running it out of Versaworks