• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My VS640I wont print metallic please help!

Ben Kinsella

Hi this is quite a shocking and very embarrassing thread. Ive had the VS640i for a year now and to my surprise today i find out it has NEVER printed metallic!

We only get small jobs in that need a touch of metallic, we always presumed we had printed it but hadnt...

The issue arose today when we had a metallic ink leak....

After fitting a new damper we then tested by printing pure metallic and it just comes out in a light purple colour (just like it always ever has). The colour of the prior leak notified us that what WE THOUGHT was metallic WASNT!

When we do a test print it prints metallic great...

However when we run a metallic job in versaworks it shows the metallic droplet on screen, we set it to print cmyklclm-MT but it do-sent print the metallic (even tho the file is a pure metallic spot colour).

We then changed it to just METALLIC ONLY output in versa works and hit print... All it did was feed the vinyl out, the head never moved. it then said job finished....

Can anyone PLEASE help.

Pictures attached of what is a strip of metallic and also a head test showing that metallic is working.

Attachments

• 20170817_155317.jpg
    20170817_155317.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 20170817_155729.jpg
    20170817_155729.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 139

Joe House

When you change to metallic only in Versaworks, what do you see in the preview? Does the metallic ink icon show up in the center panel (where your normal cut icon would normally show up?)