• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My website link has been hijacked

David Wright

I haven't searched google in a long time but when I did the link shows correctly but with spanish language.
Click on that an your are on to an online pharmacy. My domain is still in my possession, I believe but it seems to be on google's end.

Is there any fix, or any way to contact google to fix this?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Call your website host provider. You have been hacked. I looked the the site and found out which address it is redirecting to and then traced that URL to see where it leads. It goes through Amsterdam and then into Russia. I'm not an expert by any means but it should have something to do with altered .htaccess files on the server. Your provider should be able to help you out.

bannertime

Who is your host? Most likely someone has gotten into your host server and added another html page which Google is picking up. If you could copy the link that Google is showing and share it please. There is a way to report it, but I only know how to from the company page.

Edit: Just saw Vander's comment. Yeah that's funky. Different than what I've dealt with. It's not exactly what I was saying, but something has definitely compromised your host.

Last edited:

David Wright

I contacted godaddy and they say it is with google. Not sure, but if I type my site into browser address bar my site comes up.
I noticed on the redirect it still shows my site as if their information is in my host info.
Trying if I can to contact Google. Might be as productive as contacting Bill Gates.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You should have access to your site files via FTP. I use Filezilla which is free. Get your login credentials from godaddy and login to your server. Now look for a file called .htaccess. Download it and open it with notpad in windows. If you see anything in there that doesn't have your URL, the problem is definitely on the host side as that file should only be editable by you.

David Wright

this is what I found in ht access

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} 200
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (google|yahoo|msn|aol|bing) [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} (google|yahoo|msn|aol|bing)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ classifying-bulk.php?$1 [L]

ikarasu

this is what I found in ht access

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} 200
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (google|yahoo|msn|aol|bing) [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} (google|yahoo|msn|aol|bing)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ classifying-bulk.php?$1 [L]

did you get it fixed? I don't see anything wrong with it via google search.. just the description being wrong.

Did it actually redirect before? (Doesn't seem to be now.. so if it did, looks like its fixed)., once google re-crawls the website, usually within a week, the description/meta tags should be fixed.

[Edit] My background is actually network Admin... so I can take a look into it for you if it's still giving you a problem. But from what I see now, it appears to be fixed.

David Wright

I commented out all the relevant lines temporarily before I delete them.
There is another folder which appears to have this crap too. I cant find the
files that make the heading in spanish though.

Funny, on chat with a godaddy rep, he blamed it on google. Useless.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Happened to me not too long ago too

They hacked a picture on my site and sent out 650K spam emails. Blacklisted? You bet. Took almost a month to clear up.

Contacted my hosting company. Long story short there.....

Fired them and found a new company that will keep all security up to date.