• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Name that printer

ams

What kind of crappy printer is this? Looks like some type of HP to me, but someone was printing paper with it.

printer.jpg

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What kind of crappy printer is this? Looks like some type of HP to me, but someone was printing paper with it.

View attachment 135215

That thing is far from crappy, one of the most widely used machines this industry ever saw. The Z series and the Latex models were based off this unit. (Lol, the one in that picture might be crappy now though)

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have an opportunity to get one of these very cheap, possibly free.
What would I do with it though?
I don't do any printing on paper.

You can print on alot of stuff, it will get you short term outdoor life and your material cost is alot higher since it will need a aqueous coating on it. It does just about all types of media.

kanini

Hey, that's the printer model I started out with! Felt like nostalgy when we put in our first Latex printer and the cartridges looks exactly the same :D