• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Neat Desk

Farmboy

Well I've only had it for about half the day, but it takes everything I throw at it and put's it in it's place. Well worth the money. $370 at Staples

yeah, my wife was looking on the website and said they were around 350 or so. we have alot of stuff that we put into the computer so maybe worth the bucks....

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Drool...I saw it a while ago also. I'm still doing it the "old fashioned" way via the scanner and Adobe Acrobat. It works ok, but I like the nifty filing / search capabilities on Neat Desk.

JB

jhd

I've been using the mobile version of neat reciepts for the last 2-3 years and I love it! I highly recommend getting and using one. I can pull out a receipt from 3 years ago in about 5 minutes!!!!

GypsyGraphics

Well I've only had it for about half the day, but it takes everything I throw at it and put's it in it's place. Well worth the money. $370 at Staples

$370 at Staples... that even less than at Costco! (well, by $9)

i have NO IDEA why i don't own one of these already!
i've wanted it for over a year... i shoulda asked Santa for one.

John L

Hope you guys are right. I just bought one. We have several hundred receipts per month. If it only scanned those relatively accurately and export to quicken, it will be well worth it to me. I got it at staples for 369 plus, i suppose in keeping with the paperless mantra, it included a free paper shredder.

allamericantrade

Funny this thread came up. I was staring at one today in staples and been going back and forth on it for a while. I may have to go out and buy one now.

WildWestDesigns

Hope you guys are right. I just bought one. We have several hundred receipts per month. If it only scanned those relatively accurately and export to quicken, it will be well worth it to me. I got it at staples for 369 plus, i suppose in keeping with the paperless mantra, it included a free paper shredder.

For me, I would say that it is 95% accurate with the receipts. Every now and then it won't get the price right, but that is easy enough to fix. I'm still happy with mine.

John L

Wow. I was very skeptical as to what was so different about this hardware and what could make it any better than any other $100 scanner... I'm impressed, this is actually a very fast OCR scanner that works quite well.

I have had it hooked up for an hour now and it has scanned, read, and sync'ed about 200 business cards that were laying on my desk. (I lightly edited a few results of only the most crumpled or faded).

I am now creating some searchable .pdf's from a mountain of contracts and stuff on my desk. The resulting .pdf file sizes seem under control too.

Pretty cool.. scan a page to .pdf., select the text in the .pdf, copy and paste as you wish into whatever document or program you like.

Waiting for the crash or a hiccup... too good to be so.

So far... neat.

jrsc

Has anybody tried using it to read handwriting. When we take orders we usually end up with had written drawings and notes that go with it. I would like to scan them all and be able to search them. We always write the customer and job on the top but it is in handwriting. Usually we just file these with the customers order after but it would be great to be able to search digital copies and not have to keep the paper copies.