• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need 14 blank Plastic/Acrylic Office Door Blank

I need 14 blank Plastic/Acrylic Office Door Blank, color white is just fine.
I need them precut to size 5 x 12

ATcgBNmnkf2_lXX6gUhxv5KLdjRbDhjIpMKVOl3TDTg4fJguMX4bZCDLULQeb5fVLNGLmlIeMzskeuaj1t8K1v0HAc8_TEyMRS1iVT6AKV4EQ1tZ0gI17vrkQRkfPd9utvd_yu67vOtMEHBhoDXLHUDEUVkKwDMriAN7P3lUSAvA7az9czRYm4sz84p85C_ErGFohqhhMQKlPq75_TpQoEF8ok6ngl0QqGTcd4e_Ml2hzilZRKppgGBHWUKn-ttr8pGLtrhZXyclKInecjYrlZvmIBkkRseHpva4tsefbQU3TaIG8Vqf-vrxquttd-xBjkC06iE2Ym2E976ZiR9P7pELsHbqBNaj6URKr32HXc1HxOCuyVuCYS80f_MPDoUW-7_phKawCme-hmK0JJRI606PKyAhUmuiKL5nKtSPycaHbbJJ5x2QpwEUFeFICvPoMLE-QiTYwOsRJO_rAwTvgvyHxeah-CgJ9Vq2WDTD46V_2FujJ7W1pjKW3IaSHHybEDj7lGIo4eH0bV2N_iQT4mWilpwKbq0ggVwRvwi3oSm1c8FXODoQ89P7dEfmVJ7Ml7VUw3NmxUxziHsWmpuC4KlrpfZk8UIXo9KQ7-rKac-ZjKr6UtjXfOKqL9P_c7r4EHRiTXgXhHCNcttSy-yuAJAH8lu-oYcMVNGNEKLFMDUPHiiBYJ8Arw9k0n8LcA=w165-h220-no

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You could get that from practically any sign supply house in the entire country. Take your pick. Ya just need to specify a thickness, yet.

The sign supply businesses I have accounts with in my area do not offer these cut to size, just large sheets.
I do not have the tools or ability to cut them myself, but especially no way to finish the edges.

I thought perhaps someone here would want to sell to me, but sure...I can always go somewhere else.

I have belonged to this site for over 10 years, but rarely use it, now I remember why. ;-/

You could get that from practically any sign supply house in the entire country. Take your pick. Ya just need to specify a thickness, yet.

unclebun

Have you called Grimco? They have a custom order department and you can ask for a quote.

Might be time to buy some tools. If these are just thin signs to go next to doors, you can cut them with hand tools, and finish the edges with a sanding block. Acrylic is harder to cut than expanded PVC. If the signs don't need to have a glossy finish and translucent look, you might consider 3mm thick expanded PVC for indoor office signs.

My experience is that for a custom cut blank order this small, the unit price is going to be high. You're going to have to buy a full sheet of material, plus the cutting charge.
If you don't have a sign supplier who can do it, I would suggest trying Interstate Plastics.

Johnny Best

There is an E&T plastics in Ohio. Contact them and they will cut those pieces for you. They may have drops so you won’t have to buy a whole sheet.

Val47

I need 14 blank Plastic/Acrylic Office Door Blank, color white is just fine.
I need them precut to size 5 x 12

ATcgBNmnkf2_lXX6gUhxv5KLdjRbDhjIpMKVOl3TDTg4fJguMX4bZCDLULQeb5fVLNGLmlIeMzskeuaj1t8K1v0HAc8_TEyMRS1iVT6AKV4EQ1tZ0gI17vrkQRkfPd9utvd_yu67vOtMEHBhoDXLHUDEUVkKwDMriAN7P3lUSAvA7az9czRYm4sz84p85C_ErGFohqhhMQKlPq75_TpQoEF8ok6ngl0QqGTcd4e_Ml2hzilZRKppgGBHWUKn-ttr8pGLtrhZXyclKInecjYrlZvmIBkkRseHpva4tsefbQU3TaIG8Vqf-vrxquttd-xBjkC06iE2Ym2E976ZiR9P7pELsHbqBNaj6URKr32HXc1HxOCuyVuCYS80f_MPDoUW-7_phKawCme-hmK0JJRI606PKyAhUmuiKL5nKtSPycaHbbJJ5x2QpwEUFeFICvPoMLE-QiTYwOsRJO_rAwTvgvyHxeah-CgJ9Vq2WDTD46V_2FujJ7W1pjKW3IaSHHybEDj7lGIo4eH0bV2N_iQT4mWilpwKbq0ggVwRvwi3oSm1c8FXODoQ89P7dEfmVJ7Ml7VUw3NmxUxziHsWmpuC4KlrpfZk8UIXo9KQ7-rKac-ZjKr6UtjXfOKqL9P_c7r4EHRiTXgXhHCNcttSy-yuAJAH8lu-oYcMVNGNEKLFMDUPHiiBYJ8Arw9k0n8LcA=w165-h220-no
What is it you do? I can think of 6 different ways to create a "door sign". with a variety of media, vinyl or printing capabilities. And a straight edge and a blade. Just wondering why this is something you need to outsource.

What is it you do? I can think of 6 different ways to create a "door sign". with a variety of media, vinyl or printing capabilities. And a straight edge and a blade. Just wondering why this is something you need to outsource.

What does it matter "what I do"?

So great you can think of so many OTHER ways to do these signs, but I have already decided how I want to do them.

And what business is it of yours if I want to outsource?

Thank you so much for answering questions I didn't even ask!!

There is an E&T plastics in Ohio. Contact them and they will cut those pieces for you. They may have drops so you won’t have to buy a whole sheet.

Thank you very much Johnny, at least you offered an actual suggestion to my query, unlike everyone else.

Have you called Grimco? They have a custom order department and you can ask for a quote.

Might be time to buy some tools. If these are just thin signs to go next to doors, you can cut them with hand tools, and finish the edges with a sanding block. Acrylic is harder to cut than expanded PVC. If the signs don't need to have a glossy finish and translucent look, you might consider 3mm thick expanded PVC for indoor office signs.

My experience is that for a custom cut blank order this small, the unit price is going to be high. You're going to have to buy a full sheet of material, plus the cutting charge.
If you don't have a sign supplier who can do it, I would suggest trying Interstate Plastics.

I did call Grimco, they do not offer this cutting service at my local store where I pick up my supplies.
So you run out and buy new tools for each and every small job? Great, I guess you have money to burn.
Thanks for all the unasked-for advice. You wasted your time telling me things I already considered and dismissed.

Gino,

Please tell me what is unclear about my question? Perhaps I neglected to actually state the words "Will someone cut and sell these to me?" It's a sign group, I guess I assumed stating a need would result in an offer.

I thought it was clear I was looking to simply ORDER some precut sign blanks from a member of the thousands of people who participate in this group.
Does no one do that in a sign group? Perhaps assuming that I could ask to order sign blanks from a group of sign makers this size was my mistake? :-( If so, I sincerely apologize for stepping out of line.

Is this a group that only wants to offer advice or show off their amazing talents; but not offer any actual physical help -even at a profit to themselves-?

I didn't think it was necessary to explain my business practices, but if you need to know my reasons, here they are:

I do not generally make this type of sign. I work with coroplast and window decor and magnets, adhesive vinyls, and all other types of printing from business cards to any size banners, apparel decoration, dye sublimation, DTG and anything and everything similar, I use an 8"x10" rotary engraver, however, I do not have the tools or the time or space to cut sign blanks larger than 8"x10" since I can't use them.

In the many years (25) I have been in business, I have not been asked to do this type of office door signage. It's for my landlord who has decided to rent out office space on the 2nd floor of my building.
I do not want to buy tools for this job, a task that I will likely never need to do again, I do not have a space large enough to set up a 4'x8' table or purchase a saw & measuring tools for this size material.
Doing so would negate any possible profit margin on this small order. I didn't necessarily want to buy a 4'x8' sheet of material when I only need about 24"x48".

Every business seems to be kinda slow at this time and I just thought someone here might be interested in providing this material for me, cut from something they already had in stock. Cost was unimportant as I was just trying to give someone some business.

But why, when someone asks for something, do so many of you offer so much unasked for advice?
Why even bother to respond when you are clearly not being helpful at all?
Many of you are so experienced and like to respond in such a condescending manner that I really wonder why you even bother to profess to want to help others.

I asked for precut sign blanks, not how to do the job in 6 other ways, or how to expand my business or a lesson on costs and how it was going to be expensive.

But hey, a simple request has turned into a PITA, so like the other times when I have asked for someone to sell me something, or when I asked other particular questions, I am so sorry I bothered, I know other people from this group that I am friends with who no longer frequent this group because of this know-it-all-attitude, who refuse to participate in this group, and this will be the last time that I ever logon to this site.

Y'all enjoy your day!

And Gino... You should either get another bottle opened, or maybe throw the one your already drinking away, whichever affects your attitude and helpfulness in a more positive and welcoming way.

I don't remember you, but your attitude is quite familiar. Like mentioned, get a simple tool to cut them and start doing something, instead of complaining. This place has so much information, but when someone asks half-baked questions, we need to extract your needs to try to help. However, you seem to take offense about not making yourself clear.

GB2

Old Member
Hi Christine...what thickness are you looking for, is it just a square cornered rectangle you need and is it white you definitely want? I'll do them for you....just in the hope to restore your faith in all the good people here.

Last edited:

unclebun

Did you not see through the anger to note that I suggested Interstate Plastics? They make custom cut plastic blanks. They're on the internet.

Another source for plexiglas is a local glass company. And they will cut to size for you as well.

The only tools you'd need to cut these blanks yourself would be a knife and a ruler. (Duckbill knife). The cost of the tools would be far less than the service charge you'll pay for custom cutting from a supplier. And the cost of the tools can be charged to the customer. That's how we've accumulated tools over the years.

As far as other users of the board offering to do the job for you, it's actually against the forum rules to sell work on the board unless you pay the forum to be able to do it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Special FX........ why did you single me out ??

My first post was quite helpful, but you coped an attitude. My next post said I don't know you but the attitude is familiar. You, for some reason, took that personally. It was geared towards all the gimme, gimme, gimme people all around.

For some reason, you're running around here with horseblinders on. Only a fool wouldn't know a simple knife and straight edge will cut all the acyrilic or PVC you can shake a stick at..... but nooo.... you hafta keep on insulting members who are trying to help you, but you're too frickin dumb to know that. Now, that's just a shame. You have 25 years in this business and you don't know how to cut a little pice of plastic ?? Your diatribe on your background proves you are just out to create problems. I hope you come back, but are able to express and not conduct your yourself so emotionally.

Good luck.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Johnson Plastics or JDS Industries (I believe) will cut blanks like this. PVC is OK, but a little chintzy looking. We usually use Gemini Duets ADA or Rosemark ADA Alternative.

Val47

What does it matter "what I do"?

So great you can think of so many OTHER ways to do these signs, but I have already decided how I want to do them.

And what business is it of yours if I want to outsource?

Thank you so much for answering questions I didn't even ask!!

I asked an honest question, I looked at your profile to see what you do, but you have no information listed, so I asked to get more information about your project and your capabilities. information is helpful when you try to help someone, and I thought you were asking for help. I'm a maker, so I try to help people making things. I'm not a sales person.
I also did not realize you were trying to purchase these blanks from someone on this site. Maybe you could have posted your inquiry under "product and supply referrals", rather than "discussion". Might attract more of the authorized sellers to your inquiry. I apologize for my misunderstanding. Don't be so quick to judge and get defensive.