• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a brush case!

amy s.

I need a case for sign brush storage that will hold oiled brushes securely without disturbing their shape. Any suggestions? o_O

Last edited:

Johnny Best

I use a empty candy cardboard box with aluminum foil on the bottom and soak the brushes in oil and it is cheaper than a tackle box.
Had this box for 30 years on the shelf. Just don't let it get wet.

Attachments

• brushes.jpg
    brushes.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 155

Billct2

I also have use tranny oil for quite a while, with no problems. Never like Lard oil and once Sapphire brush oil disappeared I switched to trans fluid.

Johnny Best

Never liked lard oil either, it smells and roaches seem attracted to eating the hairs on your brushes. Still have a some transmission oil left, but it is from the 60s and I am sure there are more additives now in the newer oil, so do not know if it would be good to use for brushes.

studio 440

I meant wall dog brush oil that's what i use i forgot the brand name much better than the old lard oil . been awhile since i've broke out the brushes

mfatty500

My late Uncle used to use a TV Repairman's case that held all the tubes. Back when they made house calls