• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need a general idea what a dye sub pillow will cost

gabagoo

I had to get a single sided white back pillow cover done for a display that is about 10' x 8'. The people I normally use were jammed so I took it to another large wholesale printer and they came through, but their price for the same item was almost 3 times as high. It puts me in a bind but the job was for a friend so I was not planning on making much on it...but now I might lose...lol So what should a wholesale price on something like that go for these days? I know pricing on dye sub has dropped, but nobody told these guys.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seems to me if you didn't ask ahead of time, you'll hafta pay the piper. It's not their fault for their prices being what they are or that you gave your friend a break in cost. Most likely, tell your friend, he's gonna hafta cough up some more coin or you just learned a valuable lesson.

gabagoo

Gino, of course I will pay the piper. The customer, who is a friend but also a very good friend of the designer who left it a little too long never asked about a price. I just was curious what a piece this large generally goes for? I never do anything without knowing a price, but when you are desperate to save others who screw up, sometimes you are relived just to be able to find someone who can come through. I guess I should have said I won't lose any money, I just won't make any..
....so anybody out there have a general idea of the cost these days?

D2S

Am i just printing and sending you the sheet? Am I printing and pressing blank fabric? Do I need to have it cut and sewn? All will change the price of the pillow. Did you think they were using a blank ready for dye sub and they made it cut and sew and had to put the zipper in?