• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a gerber plotter tech in or around ohio

Does anyone know of a tech for a gerber gsp750 plus in or around ohio? I have gone through hours of troubleshooting with gerber, replaced several parts still have issue. They want me to ship it too arizona to be looked at, but I would like to find a closer cheaper alternative. Any suggestions?

Sometimes it cuts fine other times the blade cuts sideways or backwards. I replaced theta belt, adjusted the pin in the blade holder. The pin re hones perfectly at start up everytime, so gerber tech said had to be either theta motor or the board, replaced motor first no change then replaced board still no change. I have went over the steps with gerber multiple times, confirmed the set screw was in the groove on the rod, made certain the two piece collar on the end of the rod was tightened evenly and not slipping, made certain the belt pulley thing was centered in the optic sensor. Now just super confused lol

jfiscus

Rap Master
Sometimes it cuts fine other times the blade cuts sideways or backwards. I replaced theta belt, adjusted the pin in the blade holder. The pin re hones perfectly at start up everytime, so gerber tech said had to be either theta motor or the board, replaced motor first no change then replaced board still no change. I have went over the steps with gerber multiple times, confirmed the set screw was in the groove on the rod, made certain the two piece collar on the end of the rod was tightened evenly and not slipping, made certain the belt pulley thing was centered in the optic sensor. Now just super confused lol

Your plotter does not have a swivel blade? If I'm reading this correctly, the blade is not rotating/spinning/pivoting correctly?

The blade is swiveling incorrectly. The pin in the blade holder controls the swiveling motion and the pin always hones correctly at start up, but when the job starts the blade sometimes cut correctly, sometimes sideways and sometimes back wards but always re hones in the correct postion.. so very very puzzling????

jfiscus

Rap Master
Just outsource your cutting until it returns. Does the machine have a selection to choose between swivel blade or non-swivel blade? Occasionally our old plotters here with get the selection changed and do as you're describing. I hear good things about this company: http://www.theplotterdoctor.com/

I just got off the phone with the gerber tech and she informed me I can send it in to Connecticut to a gerber repair center so I think I will just do that. Tony I just seen your actually from where I am sending it. So your guys will be seeing it soon lol. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!!! I will post what the problem ended up being in case any of you ever run into the same. Thanks again.