• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a logo critique. Please.

jrh4711

I have been gone for a while. My wife got everything in the divorce so I have had to start over. So new company, new logo.

I was making and selling wall decals locally. I do plan on continuing that again.

My business plan is a little different this time. But that is a different thread.

Customers Demographics:
Female
21 to 50 years old
Middle to upper income
(From my previous customer base info. I could not get any more detailed)

Thanks for your time,
Jeff

Attachments

• Checkerberry2.jpg
    Checkerberry2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 164

Pat Whatley

I like the font choice for it, I'd tighten up the kerning a good bit though. The icon needs some work, however. It's not selling the "berry" idea very well. Good concept and a good start though.

jrh4711

Well, the name has nothing to do with wall decals. That is kind of why I liked it.

One word, and ability to build a brand out of it. (at least that was the thought anyway)

jrh4711

I tightened up the kerning a bit. Im kind of stuck on the icon.

Attachments

• Checkerberry3.jpg
    Checkerberry3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 124

Jillbeans

It's not "feminine" or "Cute" or "Shabby-chic" enough.
Choose a softer font, not too girly or too country.
Make a teeny tiny checkerboard behind a friendlier looking berry.
Women love that sh!t.
Well, women who spend money on wall words do anyway.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

ucmj22

Personally I like the font. I think it can work well with the right icon. Unfortunately I don't think the icon works at all.

SignManiac

My quick take on it. Although I think you need to figure out a way to make it clear what you sell. Name alone isn't enough.

Attachments

• Checkerberry.jpg
    Checkerberry.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 123

Buddy

First Impression: logo looks like red and black soccer ball with green hearts on top (critical evaluation) I don't see a checker berry unless I stare at it for awhile.

Your font / logo needs additional kerning treatment or something before it attracts logo attention. I like Jilli Beans font it looks more like a logo...IMO and first impression.

If your customer target gender is primarily women then advise from a woman (i.e. Jelly Bean) might be well to heed ?

Marlene

it is looking way too much like a jelly company. the font choice looked OK what doesn't is every idea for a berry with checkers, it just doesn't work. try working with a graphic that isn't so literal. I liked Jill's line of checks, maybe just make a line of them under the word and have the last check be red or something like that.

Zazzess

Keep up !

I think you have really great advices and comments here !
Love Jill's !
Maybe drawing or/and writing your ideas could help.
Thinking of what would make you put one of those decals on your own wall...

For the logo I think of words (images) like masterpieces, puzzle, ... some inspiring words like those could help you find the kick for a kick ass logo. :rock-n-roll:

Jillbeans

I'd be careful with the checkers because you don't want to look like Purina or a race track.
:)
I like John's berries. Hahaha

Jim Doggett

Women love that sh!t.
Love....Jill

+1. Really nice, Jill B!!!

HulkSmash

Women love that sh!t.
Love....Jill

Jill what font is that, i must have it!