• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Need a new supplier

freshprints

After too many inconsistencies from 4over I really need a good supplier recommendation for business cards, brochures, post cards, etc. I have a few customers that buy large quantities of products. Thank you!

ikarasu

We used to use vistaprint. Our sales reps run out of cards at different times, so we order as we need them... About 8 different people have business cards, One day we looked at them side by side... and our logo was a different shade of blue on 7/8 of the cards... the only 2 that matched were ones we ordered at the same time. I don't think you can get more inconstant than that! Vista print is cheap, but not very consistant either.

We found a local vendor that makes and sells them, that might be your best hope... Most wholesalers are more about cheap / quick turn around than about color consistancy.

I use Printograph for mainly everything I do, never had a hiccup, the one time I did, they rushed the order and overnighted it.
Very good customer service.

twmiller24

Check out Sinalite. Their prices and quality have been excellent. They don't have as many products as 4over or Printograph, and they are a Canadian company. Their shipping prices are competitive with 4over and Printograph.

AGCharlotte

What do you find inconsistent with 4over? Color?

what DON'T you find inconsistent from 4over? I've had all kinds of color issues, overprint issues, flood UV coating that's uneven across the sheets, poor cutting (from being visually off, all the way to half my art and half whoever's art was next to it), spot UV horribly out of register. They seem happy to replace it most of the time, but still that turns 3 day jobs into 2 week ones.

Shame about Zoo... I used them a few times in the past prior to 4over buying them up. There's also Zoomprinting but I can't remember if I tried them. If you're western US, elite4print I used quite a bit in the past without a ton of issues. They're just a bit long of a ship to me on the east coast.

Last edited:

Black Star

Not A New Member
I use overnightprints.com. I've had some issues in the past but they've done a really good job at getting back on track.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
After too many inconsistencies from 4over I really need a good supplier recommendation for business cards, brochures, post cards, etc. I have a few customers that buy large quantities of products. Thank you!
Printing 4 Resale. Jacksonville, Florida 866.998.0911

freshprints

what DON'T you find inconsistent from 4over? I've had all kinds of color issues, overprint issues, flood UV coating that's uneven across the sheets, poor cutting (from being visually off, all the way to half my art and half whoever's art was next to it), spot UV horribly out of register. They seem happy to replace it most of the time, but still that turns 3 day jobs into 2 week ones.

Shame about Zoo... I used them a few times in the past prior to 4over buying them up. There's also Zoomprinting but I can't remember if I tried them. If you're western US, elite4print I used quite a bit in the past without a ton of issues. They're just a bit long of a ship to me on the east coast.
A lot of my issues have been with cutting and scoring. I have gotten multiple tri-fold brochure orders that are scored at weird angles or not even close to where they should be scored. Its a shame because I am only a few hours from their Dayton facility but I need consistency above anything. They don't ever hesitate to replace the order so I can't complain too much.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Why does 4Over's business card templates indicate a 1/16" bleed. Thought the standard was 1/8"? When I asked they even verbally said 1/8". So which is it? And why do the eps templates only have crop marks? Makes no sense to me.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
upload_2020-11-19_16-8-42.png

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I used to work in a print shop the specialized in these products for short runs. I would say the best thing to do is to form a relationship with someone local. They are a bit more expensive obviously but usually customer service is above all else and fight to keep your business.

The amount of times I quoted someone for business cards and they said it was too expensive and they would just go to vistaprint or something, 8/10 they would return to have their cards ran by us because their 4 color process grey came back as a green color. Online suppliers will never color match for you. When I did a repeat order we were required to pull their previous orders and color match to that, thus consistent colors.

I know in these days everything is about faster, cheaper and better. But sometimes the best way to to go is a little more expensive, a little bit more time, and a lot better.

Eforcer

I do all my business cards in-house. But when they want UV I only send to zooprinting also known as 4Over. Try not to use PistaPrint <---$4 billion + a year and they don't even pay 1¢ in taxes. They are a Norwegian company operating out of Canada. Something to think about.