• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need a service manual for xerox worcentre pro 255

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know where I can get a FRE downloadable copy of a service manual for xerox worcentre pro 255??
I've seen sites where I can buy them for around $14 but would prefer to get one FREE.

I bought the printer at a Police auction and it is not powering on at all. I romoved the back cover where the power cords go in but I can not see any obvious fuses of any kind.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!??

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Is the hard drive missing? That is common with government owned printers. I have a few Xerox Phaser 7750 machines - they originally had laptop style hard drives in them. Due to data security rules the state removed them prior to selling the machines. The printers will not run in any way without the hard drive installed - removing the hard drive renders the printer inoperable. You also cannot just plug in any old drive (well you can - if you can get access to the hard drive from another one you can clone the drive to another drive) - it must have the correct software on it for the specific model printer. I had to pay $175.00 for a used hard drive from one from some place online. We ended up buying 3 of the printers though - for the other 2 I bought used laptop drives on eBay for about $20 each and cloned the stupidly expensive one to those and they worked just fine. Some of the service manuals are easy to find and some can be hard to find. I'd try looking at alternate model numbers - the base "engine" of the machine will probably be common to at least a dozen different models and the service manual will be applicable to all that are based on the specific "engine". Good luck!

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Thank You SightLine for the quick response!

Couple more questions.
1) How do I know what the other alternate model numbers that would be the same as my workcentre Pro 255?
2) where would I find the hard drive? (to be able to access it and recognize it)

I just finished taking the entire power supply out and checking if there were any fuse links and there were 2 of them. Both are good. Then I thought maybe the main switch is bad. Checked it, and it is ok also.
Your explanation of the missing hard drive would make sense that NOTHING is coming on (powering on).

PLease advise! thank you in advance!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
http://www.service-manual.net/ashop...e+Manual has been added to your shopping cart

This one is a pay site but they give you a list of the same models. Look at the CopyCentre 232 series....

Hard drive will likely be mounted on a circuit board that can be slid out the back of the printer - probably the same board will have the network jack, etc.

This is the hard drive I ordered for my 7750 (was a bit more a couple of years ago). http://www.orionmarket.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ItemID=1713

This one will NOT work in your machine - just gave the link so you can see what it looks like and that company is a good source for used parts for some of these type printers.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again SightLine,
It is ironic that I do own a phaser 7750 also!! Works great! IMG_20140123_163627_220.jpg
Here is a photo of the back of the machine. Is this where the harddrive is? or should be??

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I cannot really tell in that photo where it would or should be. There is not a hard drive visible, I can see that much. This is a board from a 7750 which shows the hard drive (large rectangle bit with the white label) installed. Obviously a bit different than the 7750 models.

Attachments

• IMG_4412a.jpg
    IMG_4412a.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 261

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I found where the hard drive is located. (it is missing) It is located in the lower part of the printer at back. It is a separate unit that contains all the ethernet connections however It does not connect to the printer directly. It has connectors (see photos attached), IMG_20140124_091108_408.jpg IMG_20140124_091101_850.jpg that I do not have a clue how to connect! LOL. After reading the user manual I noticed that I need to have the...
System Administration CD (CD1)
Contained in the CD Pack delivered with your machine, the System Administration
CD (CD1) offers detailed information on configuring your machine for network
printing and instructions on installing any of the optional features.
The System Administration CD (CD1) is intended for System/Machine
Administrators.
Training and Information CD (CD2)
For detailed information on any of the features or functions available on your
machine, please refer to the Training and Information CD (CD2), contained in the
CD Pack delivered with your machine.
The Training and Information CD is intended for all users, including Machine
Administrators. It contains comprehensive information about your new product
including interactive how-to’s and tutorials. To ensure maximum productivity is
gained from your machine, please copy the programme contained on the CD onto
your network so that all users have access.
Utilities CD (CD3)
Contained in the CD Pack, the Utilities CD (CD3) contains a utility for upgrading to
new versions of software on the machine.
NOTE: This CD is not required during installation.

Does anyone know where I can get copies of these CD's?