• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need a sign pole

Jbh25

i have a 4x4 sign cabinet probably ony ways 50lbs but it needs to be around 12ft high. what size pole should i use or were can i buy a sign pole. i can fabricate so i i need to make my own pole i can but would like some input

Last edited:

trik

I don't know what the laws are in your state, but here in my area and surrounding cites, any sign over 6ft tall, requires engineer specs on this with wind calculations, etc. Might want to check that out. Make sure your client knows this as well, and the engineer cost should be paid by the client. Good luck!

FS-Keith

1/4" wall thickness. like stated above make sure you have your ducks in a row with permitting. that size base will be a bit overkill but work great for that size sign.

J Hill Designs

I don't know what the laws are in your state, but here in my area and surrounding cites, any sign over 6ft tall, requires engineer specs on this with wind calculations, etc. Might want to check that out. Make sure your client knows this as well, and the engineer cost should be paid by the client. Good luck!

this.