• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a sign screen printed

rfsign

Looking for someone who can make a replacement sign for this awning (see attached picture).

Attachments

• IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 130

petepaz

not sure how well the vinyl will hold up on fabric but what if yuo got a piece of banner material close to that color and then put vinyl on that or just print a banner and attach that. (silk screening is the best way to do it but just throwing out some back ups)

John Butto

3m makes a vinyl that can be heated on with a press and that looks the way this was accomplished with the sunbrella like material.

TheSnowman

We have sunbrella, and we cut our own vinyl for the awning company to head press on. It was a 3M, and I can't for the life of me remember which version it was...it was just like a standard 7 year vinyl that they sell if I remember right. If anyone finds out, let me know...I've checked my records before and can't find it. We need to add some stuff to ours.

JR's

The best way to do this in my opinion is,
by your self some super stick adhesive stencils. From fabtak.com
buy yourself some 59-000 series enamel plus gloss screen ink, (NAZ-DAR)
lay the fabric down on a flat surface. Tape it down. Go
Over it with masking tape to get rid of any loose fibers.
cut your stencil squeegee it down to the fabric.(Use low tack transfer tape.)
cut some small pieces of show card 3" by 3"squares 5 five should be enough.
goop on the ink and spread it with the show cards.
Take a 4" fome brush and smooth out the overlaps.
Take a heat gun and heat the ink till it starts to buble. Only a little bit.
Before the ink drys completely, remove the frisket.
Let it dry overnight once it's dried take a flat edged razor and scrape any flaws off.
This will outlast vinyl it will outlast latex. I have some arnings out there going on 15 years.
Hope this helps.
JR

ChicagoGraphics

There is a vinyl just for fabric awnings, it's more like a fabric with a adhesive on one side and the finish side has a texture to it.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
here is a crazy idea.

hand letter it.....

let's not get crazy here and reinvent the wheel, but it wasn't that long ago....

Jackpine

here is a crazy idea.

hand letter it.....

let's not get crazy here and reinvent the wheel, but it wasn't that long ago....

Ditto! I have lettered on sunbrella with a high quality acrylic exterior paint have had no failures. You could even cut a stencil with vinyl and "paint".