• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a super silent air compressor for garage

Chamc44

Hey, Everyone!
I have started a local business for repairing car. I have a old air compressor which is produces a lot of noise. I need a silent air compressor. Can anyone suggest me what is the best and super silent air compressor for my garage?

Note: I don't want to spend up to $250.

kanini

Senco has some silent models. But in that price range you should go and tty some at the local hardware store. You might want to consider building a noise cancellation box and put it inside (with a fan to not overheat). And you know this is a forum for professional signmakers, not auto repairs?

letterman7

You're repairing cars and posting on a sign forum?? There are no silent compressors with the horsepower you're going to need to work with air tools. Like Texas said, get a long hose and put it outside under a cover of some sort. Or wear ear protection. And expect to pay much, much more than $250 for a decent high horsepower, high CFM compressor...

If you're cheaping out on your equipment, what are you doing to your customers?

visual800

with your budget, unless you find one for sale locally from someone desperate, you aint gonna get what you want. As kanini said build an enclosure for it and pack some insulation in it

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

People have to start somewhere. I was working for $10/hr when I bought my first $400 plotter.. I used my rent money to take a risk and buy it... best decision of my life.

Cheap equipment tends to hurt the operator more then the customer. Did my first customers suffer because I had some cheap $30 black and decker drill that took me forever to get a job done? No I did! Or did they get bad quality out of the $400 plotter that was slow and sometimes messed up? No I took the hit on mess-ups.

Will the guy's customer suffer any because he has a cheap compressor??

equippaint

You're repairing cars and posting on a sign forum?? There are no silent compressors with the horsepower you're going to need to work with air tools. Like Texas said, get a long hose and put it outside under a cover of some sort. Or wear ear protection. And expect to pay much, much more than $250 for a decent high horsepower, high CFM compressor...

A rotary screw is very quiet. We have a 10hp ingersoll that produces 38cfm that sits in our shop. Hes gonna need 30x that budget though

Superior_Adam

Rotary Screw is the quietest type. SullAir or Kaeser brands are amazing. I am sure there are others that are comparable. You will be looking at around $10,000 though. Good luck on anyting around $250 range.

Christian @ 2CT Media

California Air tools is awesome and occasionally home depot has their husky ultra quiet on sale for around $200.

We have a CAT 10gal and the Husky 30gal and you can have a conversation at normal volume right next to it.

Graphixbygraf

High on Inks
California Air tools I agree is the best I have come across, I use it in my house in the basement no one in the house even knows its running ( Wife Gives it Seal Of Approval )

Creighton

Noise isolating pads and put it in your attic! Best thing I've ever done. Then the drop down hoses are great.

Rogar

Industrial discussion to improve my industry
You can use the Briggs & Stratton Quiet Power air compressor. It is super silent air compressor and able to highest service compared to another general silent air compressor. This compressor produces only 40 dB of sound. Its oil-free pump delivers 125 psi max of pressure and delivers 1.8 CFM at 90 psi of compressed air. You can see more info on Silent Air Compressor - Indoors

letterman7

People have to start somewhere. I was working for $10/hr when I bought my first $400 plotter.. I used my rent money to take a risk and buy it... best decision of my life.

Cheap equipment tends to hurt the operator more then the customer. Did my first customers suffer because I had some cheap $30 black and decker drill that took me forever to get a job done? No I did! Or did they get bad quality out of the $400 plotter that was slow and sometimes messed up? No I took the hit on mess-ups.

Will the guy's customer suffer any because he has a cheap compressor??

Probably. Because this has nothing to do with signmaking and everything to do with affording the right tools for the job. If he's worrying about spending more than $250 on a compressor, what is he going to spend on brake pads? He's going to cheap out and buy the worst quality, least expensive parts to "fix" a car - and that can most definitely hurt or kill someone in the long run. I know "mechanics" like that..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't it just warm your heart to know that hacks are everywhere ?? We have so many here, already........ so what if we have a few illegal aliens among us. What are they gonna learn ?? How to cheap out and make signs ?? Half the membership is already lying hacks anyway already around here.

Maybe they'll come to the memes party. Bring your junkers.

billsines

Would you also happen to have any supplements I can buy? Or maybe $17 million dollars you'd like to transfer to my account?

player

This is probably a fake person setting up accounts and automatic posts so they can spam the board later.