• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Advice on Flatbed Printer

jeekflit

Dear all,

I am looking to buy a true flatbed printer.

Currently considering Mimaki JFX200, Oce Arizona 365GT, 1280GT, and 2280GT.

I am running a POS/POP Display on foamboard/foamcore and some acrylic display, and currently have few roland solvent printer, zund pn series.

Please let me know which is good, and worth to buy. I also wondering what is the pricing on 2280GT. I am in Indonesia, and Mimaki price is around USD 90.000, 365GT is around USD107.000, and 1280GT is around USD165.000

Thank you for your help

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Anything in the Océ range will happily eat up this work.
Our 360GT has been great for the past two years.

Prices seem quite similar to Australian prices.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Dear all,

I am looking to buy a true flatbed printer.

Currently considering Mimaki JFX200, Oce Arizona 365GT, 1280GT, and 2280GT.

I am running a POS/POP Display on foamboard/foamcore and some acrylic display, and currently have few roland solvent printer, zund pn series.

Please let me know which is good, and worth to buy. I also wondering what is the pricing on 2280GT. I am in Indonesia, and Mimaki price is around USD 90.000, 365GT is around USD107.000, and 1280GT is around USD165.000

Thank you for your help

I run an Oce 480XT which is the next model up from the 300 series.

Looks like the 365GT is an upgraded version of the 360GT. Main difference would be using the newer double heads which means it prints twice as quick. But i think most of the internals would be older tech to keep the price down.

The 1280 would be the newest of that range. (300/400/1200) which have 1 row of heads.
the 2280 is basically the same at the 1280 except it has 2 rows of heads. so it'll print at twice the speed.

i'd look at either the 365 or 1280 if you will use it a few times a week. It will have a slightly better colour gamut than the 2280. It's a good all round machine.
If you're going to use the machine all day every day, then the 2280 is what you need. This printer also needs more care as it has twice as many print heads, and if not looked after correctly it can cause banding from head alignment issues where the 1280/365 won't do that.

jeekflit

I run an Oce 480XT which is the next model up from the 300 series.

Looks like the 365GT is an upgraded version of the 360GT. Main difference would be using the newer double heads which means it prints twice as quick. But i think most of the internals would be older tech to keep the price down.

The 1280 would be the newest of that range. (300/400/1200) which have 1 row of heads.
the 2280 is basically the same at the 1280 except it has 2 rows of heads. so it'll print at twice the speed.

i'd look at either the 365 or 1280 if you will use it a few times a week. It will have a slightly better colour gamut than the 2280. It's a good all round machine.
If you're going to use the machine all day every day, then the 2280 is what you need. This printer also needs more care as it has twice as many print heads, and if not looked after correctly it can cause banding from head alignment issues where the 1280/365 won't do that.

Thank you for your advice. Right now, I think I will use the machine around 50-60% of my time in the print shop. I will try to shift from sticker to direct print with this flatbed printer.

Do you know the estimate price on the 2280GT by any chance?

Thank you.