• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need advice with job board software

southflbsg

ok
so here is my Delima
im currently looking for some type of software that can be used as a digital job board
that will be displayed on tv and computers(mac) around the office for people to edit.

software like signvox (or shopvox) is a little to much for our needs as we do not need any est or invoicing.

any ideas would help

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Well, not sure how complex you need to be, I set up a PO system using Google's software and it was a perfect solution. The PO list was shared with whoever needed it, and you can set up permissions as to who's allowed to edit, etc.- and it can be open in more than one location at a time.
Like I said, not sure how complex you want yours to be, but that could be a free, easy to use solution.

Kevin-shopVOX

ok
so here is my Delima
im currently looking for some type of software that can be used as a digital job board
that will be displayed on tv and computers(mac) around the office for people to edit.

software like signvox (or shopvox) is a little to much for our needs as we do not need any est or invoicing.

any ideas would help

You can also try shopVOX Express. There are no pricing or estimating features in this. It is exactly as you mentioned. A digital job board that allows you to manage due dates, statuses, notes, files and proofs. All of your estimating/invoicing is done else where. If you happen to do so in Quickbooks you can create that transaction there and push the information to shopVOX to avoid double entry for work order purposes. Let me know if you have any questions and check it out for free for a bit.

http://www.shopvox.com/pricing/

xkellyx

I looked into shopvox, however, after a quick, very awkward conversation, this is what I learned:

Express will pull orders from Quickbooks, but not Quickbooks Enterprise
Pro does not pull orders from QB, rather it pushes , and I'm pretty sure it is incompatible with Enterprise

The only option for automating order input from your website is to have it developed by a third party.

We were very excited when we first read about shop vox. It looked like we would be able to unify our systems, streamline our process, and reduce errors. However, without the ability to import orders, all the other functionality looses its luster.

Our Background
The majority of our orders are placed online. We receive 40+ orders a day.. we have enjoyed 14% growth yearly and will be introducing another product which we believe will double our current orders. Currently, when an order is received, it is pulled into Quickbooks using Webgilitys ECC. One in QuIckbooks I have an employee add the order manually to a database we created with Zoho. We programmed the database so that the employee enters the production and shipping days, and Zoho calculates what day the order needs to be produced and shipped. We have also created a series of reports, Which we call lists.

Once added to the list the order is assigned a status. Status determines which list the order shows up on, ie pre-production, production, it also indicates proof and Hold status. Employees are able to add notes and files to the orders and view he lists from any device connected to the Internet.

Once cleared for production, our production manager groups jobs by size and due date and then creates a two week schedule in excel.

All our client communications are handled within a crm.

PAINS
Humans.

We are looking for a solution which will automate this process, at least the data entry side of things. One typo on a date and the client is SUPER unhappy. I have good people working for me, but no amount of training or skill can elimate human error.

Any suggestions?

Kevin-shopVOX

I looked into shopvox, however, after a quick, very awkward conversation, this is what I learned:

Express will pull orders from Quickbooks, but not Quickbooks Enterprise
Pro does not pull orders from QB, rather it pushes , and I'm pretty sure it is incompatible with Enterprise

The only option for automating order input from your website is to have it developed by a third party.

We were very excited when we first read about shop vox. It looked like we would be able to unify our systems, streamline our process, and reduce errors. However, without the ability to import orders, all the other functionality looses its luster.

Our Background
The majority of our orders are placed online. We receive 40+ orders a day.. we have enjoyed 14% growth yearly and will be introducing another product which we believe will double our current orders. Currently, when an order is received, it is pulled into Quickbooks using Webgilitys ECC. One in QuIckbooks I have an employee add the order manually to a database we created with Zoho. We programmed the database so that the employee enters the production and shipping days, and Zoho calculates what day the order needs to be produced and shipped. We have also created a series of reports, Which we call lists.

Once added to the list the order is assigned a status. Status determines which list the order shows up on, ie pre-production, production, it also indicates proof and Hold status. Employees are able to add notes and files to the orders and view he lists from any device connected to the Internet.

Once cleared for production, our production manager groups jobs by size and due date and then creates a two week schedule in excel.

All our client communications are handled within a crm.

PAINS
Humans.

We are looking for a solution which will automate this process, at least the data entry side of things. One typo on a date and the client is SUPER unhappy. I have good people working for me, but no amount of training or skill can elimate human error.

Any suggestions?

Hi. Just wanted to give you an update on the info, as sometimes (should you have communicated initially through chat) the info can be misunderstood. It does support QB enterprise as the push is done through the QB web connector. Importing estimates, sales orders or invoices shouldn't be an issue to manage. I'd suggest giving me a call so we can hook it up and show you how it works, even if it's just the trial. I'd be happy to show you the process and answer questions.

Additionally the price point has been changed to just $10/user. For that you get online proofing, job boards, import from QB, resource scheduling, alerts and file management. You can check out the free trial here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

xkellyx

Kevin,

I have sent you an email. I did not communicate with Chat, rather a phone call. I'd be happy to discuss further.

ExecuPrintGS

We used a google docs spreadsheet for a while. Worked ok for those of us who used it, but couldn't get everyone to buy into it so it flopped.