• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need flexi sign and tech question help

what the

Owner/op
Here's my delima: I have flexi 8 on windows xp a the shop...
Needed a new laptop - had to get windows 9. Old flexi won't work on new laptop; looking into flexi cloud; Maybe I just purchase outright- Not sure... Will this work on windows xp too? Does flexi cloud back up my flexi 8, so everything will just stay combined as customer files- should I just get a sepertate 3rd party cloud for everything.
I Hate not knowing the tech portion but need to make everything run smooth and together,
Can anyone help me?
P.S . I know my shop computer is older and not going to upgrade that now, I have to many programs in that which I can't afford to replace all programs now=)
Besides sign warehouse, any other suggestions for purchase somewhere else for flexi

Techman

signlab 9.1 is on sale for $750, No need to worry about any clouds. No need to get complicated about your hardware.

ImpactSignCo

We moved from Flexi 10 to Flexi 11, now 12, though we moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with no problems at all. The only thing I came across was during the moving process, Flexi 10 wouldn't open a file created in a newer version. We had a computer crash and were going back and forth for a day. You might be better off upgrading your Windows even to 7 as XP is no longer supported by Microsoft.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
The only thing I came across was during the moving process, Flexi 10 wouldn't open a file created in a newer version.

Flexi has never been forward compatible, nothing new. Any version will not open any file from any newer version. You would have to open a file in the newest version and Export as an older version to be able to open in it older version.

SignBurst PCs

I would be happy to help with your Flexi and tech questions. Just give me a call when you have a minute to talk.

You can buy Flexi directly from us and it doesn't really run in the cloud. It is still a system-installed and system-run application. Some of the "bonus features" and licensing are Internet-based though.

Techman

Oh did I miss where the OP asked about signlab?

No.

But he was filled with uncertainty about his options. So I as a sharing and caring human being concerned with others gave him an alternative that could be better than living with the anxiety.
And at a much better price point at that..