• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help mutoh not printing

Acrazy1

we had this error before 18 months ago and we took back off and it kinda went away. Well it is back. People said you need to replace your CR cable. my boss got one ordered from china and as we where taking it apart.

we realized there were 3 cables that we believe are CR cables. we did not know there where 3 of them. so we replaced the one we ordered with a random one. as soon as we turned it on we got a e704err cr2 current error.

are questions are as follows:
1) are we on the right track with replacing the CR cable?
2) do all 3 need replaced replacing just one will not work?
3) if replacing one will work how do we know which one is bad?
4) what could we have done to get the e074err cr2 current error? what did we do wrong?

we are out of our depths here so any help or advice would be appreciated. thank you for your time.

Eddie Greer

is there anyone that can give some advice?

The error your getting is because the head is not making a solid connection to the cap top in the maintenance assembly when you turn it on. Make sure there isn't anything blocking or preventing it from making it in the maintenance station.

Acrazy1

we got it printing right, now i guess the black line has clogged. we tried cleaning cycles and even doing a few little charges and it is still not printing black. any suggestions?