• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help on doing Print and Cut

spymoto

Hello,

I have a Mutoh Value Cut 1800 and have both the Flexi Starter 10.5 and PhotoPrint DX Mutoh edition. I can do cutting, but finding it difficult to do a print and cut since I don't have a Mutoh printer anymore. I am getting an Epson P600 to do some small print and cut jobs. Since my software is only for Mutoh, how can I get my new printer to print with the registration marks and be able to transfer that to my plotter for cutting? Is it possible without buying a new Rip software like Onyx that has this new printer listed as a supported printer? I can get an older version (Ver.6,7,8,10) of Onyx from work but the website has the Epson P600 listed as version 11.1.2 or newer.

Sorry if I'm rambling, but I just need help on being able to use an Epson P600 and a Mutoh VC-1800 to do small print and cut jobs without buying any other RIP software if possible. I have the software to run the cutter and I'm sure the Printer has it's own RIP, but not sure how to get these to marry up to do a print and cut. I do have Abobe Illustrator and will do most of my designing there, so I'm not needing to rely on Flexi for a designing platform.

Any help would be really appreciated!
Thanks!