• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help printing TEST PATTERN FILL in service mode.

No Lemon

I am able to get service mode but it says "SETUP SHEET" if I press the menu button I am able to get to to the TEST PATTERN FILL but when I press enter it says"SHEET NOT LOADED, SETUP SHEET. I have vinyl loaded in the printer but cant get past this. What am I missing?

InkjetAuction

Setup Sheet

So which model are we talking about?

You should load your media, lower the pinch wheels and press the setup sheet button (if applicable) before selecting the FILL TEST menu item.

You will know that the media is properly loaded when you see the appropriately measured setup width on the display.

Only then will you be able to run any print tests.

~E

I am able to get service mode but it says "SETUP SHEET" if I press the menu button I am able to get to to the TEST PATTERN FILL but when I press enter it says"SHEET NOT LOADED, SETUP SHEET. I have vinyl loaded in the printer but cant get past this. What am I missing?

No Lemon

Sorry its a VP-540

I loaded the paper, lowered the pinch wheels. I don't have a sheet button I don't think. I have to have the printer turned off to get to service mode.

So which model are we talking about?

You should load your media, lower the pinch wheels and press the setup sheet button (if applicable) before selecting the FILL TEST menu item.

You will know that the media is properly loaded when you see the appropriately measured setup width on the display.

Only then will you be able to run any print tests.

~E

FrankW

VersaCamms need to start loading manually when in Service Mode. If you have media loaded, raise the sheet loading lever and lower it again.

No Lemon

You got it. Thanks for your help.

VersaCamms need to start loading manually when in Service Mode. If you have media loaded, raise the sheet loading lever and lower it again.

Here are some pictures of the test print. I am still trying to figure why my blue prints purple and my black is brownish red, black

20161115_070530.jpg 20161115_070539.jpg 20161115_070546.jpg 20161115_070559.jpg
20161115_072518.jpg
Here is my original problem.
Colors not printing correctly Roland VP-540

FrankW

could it be that you have switched off colour management? "blue to purple" sounds a little bit like that.

But you will never have best color quality without specific profiles.

Ragnabrok

CMYK from the fill pattern look normal, other than the finger prints :)

the test prints point to a head needing alignment though, notice how some colors are smooth, and others are gritty?
could be the dots are stacking on top of each other, instead of side by side. That can cause quite a color shift on its own.

post pics of service menu-print menu-head adjust-> Bias, vertical and horizontal.
may be under service menu-head adjust. print on something thin and glossy.

Ragnabrok

picture links didn't work for some reason, maybe upload to imgur?

also for fingerprints, the printer can't print to the outside 1/2" or so, so just handle the material by the edges.

Ragnabrok

outside some deflection on black, everything looks lined up. I'd guess some type of odd colour correction in the profile or color space is causing this issue.
try the same file with generic vinyl profile, and pre-press US default.