• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help real Bad!!! with Hp l25500

elsignshop

hey everyone, I purchased a used Hp l25500 latex printer from a guy, got ripped off big time cause he sent me a video of it working and I took his word for it i drove 6 hours and when I brought it back to my shop it needed: 6 print heads, a service station, clean catrig., waste tank, and a couple other stuff, now I have all the parts installed and alot of money in it and ready to print but cant connect it. I'm using a Ethernet cable and I'm using flexi 10.5 and have no clue how to set it up. if someone can help me out I would appreciate it a whole lot. I really need to get this going asap cause I have orders to fill. thank you in advance. Daniel

P.S also if any one knows any good color profiles for it

dypinc

You need to tell us more about your Ethernet connections. Going through, Router, Switch, Direct? What is your Ethernet settings in the printer, DHCP or Static. Same thing for RIP computer.

elsignshop

Sorry I forgot to post that. I'm running Ethernet cable to a router, then have the router connected to computer. I don't know how to setup the rest or have a clue what this is >>>>What is your Ethernet settings in the printer, DHCP or Static. Same thing for RIP computer

dypinc

Sorry I forgot to post that. I'm running Ethernet cable to a router, then have the router connected to computer. I don't know how to setup the rest or have a clue what this is >>>>What is your Ethernet settings in the printer, DHCP or Static. Same thing for RIP computer

Most likely the printer was setup with static IP and would need a new setting that matches you network. I would not advise using DHCP but you can set that temporary to see what address it will pull, (that is if your router is setup as a DHCP server) and then you can set that as your static IP. Then tell Flexi to use that address. If you get that working then you will also what to configure your router to reserve that IP address for the printers MAC address.

elsignshop

Most likely the printer was setup with static IP and would need a new setting that matches you network. I would not advise using DHCP but you can set that temporary to see what address it will pull, (that is if your router is setup as a DHCP server) and then you can set that as your static IP. Then tell Flexi to use that address. If you get that working then you will also what to configure your router to reserve that IP address for the printers MAC address.

okay, I connected straight from printer to computer. I manually put in a ip address in the printer and then put the ip address in the flexi and it says cannot open port. when I typed the ip address in flexi it had port 9100, is that port right?

so you have production manager through Flexi, I run Flexi with production manager as my RIP software, I bought my new printer HP365, and sold my old L25500 back in March..... I am sorry to hear you got ripped off...

I can help with the set up, (I think!!) at least ill try. I just got rid of all my L25500 Printing profile :(.. wish I would have seen this earlier.

so for the Printer when you double click on the printer tab on Production Manager (PM). you have the "Change port" box pop up....

What do you have selected?

dypinc

okay, I connected straight from printer to computer. I manually put in a ip address in the printer and then put the ip address in the flexi and it says cannot open port. when I typed the ip address in flexi it had port 9100, is that port right?

Connecting straight from the printer to the computer requires a crossover cable or automatic switching network hardware in your computer. Not sure if the L25500 had automatic switching? Does you network card/hardware on your computer have this?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
hey everyone, I purchased a used Hp l25500 latex printer from a guy, got ripped off big time cause he sent me a video of it working and I took his word for it i drove 6 hours and when I brought it back to my shop it needed: 6 print heads, a service station, clean catrig., waste tank, and a couple other stuff, now I have all the parts installed and alot of money in it and ready to print but cant connect it. I'm using a Ethernet cable and I'm using flexi 10.5 and have no clue how to set it up. if someone can help me out I would appreciate it a whole lot. I really need to get this going asap cause I have orders to fill. thank you in advance. Daniel

P.S also if any one knows any good color profiles for it

Don't invest anything more, dump it and roll into a new model! They are super affordable.

dypinc

Forgot to reply about port 9100. That should be correct.

elsignshop

Thank you everyone. I finally got it to work, I restarted printer to factory settings then I went into printer and did auto ip address and it gave me a ip address and put that into flexi and so far so good. prints really good. this the first time I use latex I always been a mutoh user for the pass 8 years. they wasn't lying when they said scratch resistance prints.

AF

You should make a list of network devices and assign static IP addresses, turn off DHCP at the router. This will save you time and money in the future.

dale911

President
My 25500 is still running every week. HP is ending all support of this printer as of Jan 31 so parts may be a little harder to come by but I imagine consumables will stay for a while. Most recent problem is a common problem with these printers. Was getting an error when installing a new printhead that said replace faulty printhead. Had to put a new carriage pca board in it. Replaced that board and all is running perfectly again. One nice thing is that the z6100 printer is basically the same printer eith aqeous inks and no heater so the boards should be easy to get for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suz

Really glad you got it to work! I have the same printer, have had it since new. Still running great. It goes through print heads pretty fast though, usually before the warranty period. HP has been good to replace the ones that die early, but I'm getting nervous about that situation because I was recently told HP would quit supporting / supplying consumables. I'll proably start looking for another printer soon, but use the heck out of it this year!

Franklin

Thank you everyone. I finally got it to work, I restarted printer to factory settings then I went into printer and did auto ip address and it gave me a ip address and put that into flexi and so far so good. prints really good. this the first time I use latex I always been a mutoh user for the pass 8 years. they wasn't lying when they said scratch resistance prints.

Hello I'm Franklin from Orlando!

I have been reading your thread since it was posted hoping to gain some insight. I have been getting the electrical worked on, for the plotters and my next task would be connecting of course. I have the same model as you. I was happy to read that you finally connected. I created this membership on here hoping you could help with my connection issues and give some awesome insight. That said, my issues were with my windows and drivers, updates etc. Once my PC was updated fully I was able to connect np

I'm running Windows 10, Onyx on the L25500.

That said we should talk profiles. I know i have tons of questions.
What material are you using?
I'm using LexJet Sunset by Fredrix Matte Canvas (not going to reorder)

Let me know what you think?

Last edited: