• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help setting up VJ1204 in Flexi 7.7

My old Flexi version (7.7) lists quite a few Mutoh printers in the printer setup area of the production manager, but not the VJ1204. It's been so long since I've set up an unlisted printer that I don't remember how and I don't know where to get a setup for this old software, or know if I can substitute one of the ones listed. I own a licensed, dongle version of 7.7 v1 (and also an old version of Print 4 and Onyx - both with dongles). I've been running a Falcon Outdoor 62 for over ten years, but just picked up a used 1204 and would like to get it running.

Last edited:

FrankW

Flexi 7.7 is the latest Flexi 7-Version, so if the driver is not shown in the drivers list, there will be no driver available for the 1204. No possibility to add it. As far as I remember, the driver is available since Flexi 8.

rrd

You need to find a trial version of flexi 12. Go through the driver list and find the 1204. Then you need to copy it and rename with correct driver extension for 7.7 then put in the output driver folder in 7.7. Once you do this it will show up in the PM to add as new printer. is does have a few glitches and you won't be able to run icc profiles but it works.

v0y4ger

What other Mutoh printers are available?

For eg, my 1204 runs on a 1304 driver. It might be worth a bit of trial an error

v0y4ger

Are you asking about Mutoh drivers in Flexi 7.7?
Yes, the thought process being that some machines essentially have the same “guts” even though they are supposed updated models.

I’m a signlab rat myself so not familiar with Flexi at all. But my 1204 runs on a 1304 driver