• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help w/ roland sp300v printing (pics inside)

SpazSigns

seems like it only does this on the black, replaced 3 out of the 4 inks, the yellow is still 3/4 full. replaced wipers and both captops and a manual cleaning.

posted pic of the blue logo that is printed on the same sheet that was printed fine.

any help appreciated
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0748.JPG
    IMG_0748.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 107

petepaz

maybe a static issue, looks like it is spraying. also do another manual cleaning and look in at the print heads with a flash light sometimes you can get a hair or a piece of fuzz stuck in there that you can see or is stuck and doesn't come out with the swabs. that can cause this effect also

player

Again I say you need new ROLAND dampers. Another clue is when the test print is good, but once you start printing it gets dry. There is a micro fine filter in the damper that can get clogged. It allows some small amounts of ink through, but when you print large areas there is not enough ink getting through, resulting in banding and static-y spray.

SpazSigns

dampers are brand new.

2nd pic is after done a manual cleaning, printed fine, 1st pic i resized and sent to print again & turned out fuzzy.

what is the easiest way to get rid of static asap?

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 78

player

Static tips:

Check the humidity in the room. Use a humidifier to get 50% humidity.

If you have a solid floor wetting it down will help tons.

Use anti static sheets and wipe everything down, lightly tack wipe vinyl at the back.

SpazSigns

Got the encoder cleaned. printed a different logo, now the contout cuts through half the sticker. pic posted below.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 102

SpazSigns

Printed a blue logo , looks to spray some redish over into the white. pic posted.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 82

player

I am not sure what to try next...

You might want to do a print cut alignment for the other cutting issue.

How old are the heads?

SpazSigns

K well you've got too many things going on at once to diagnose them all......

Is your head height set to high by any chance? not sure how to check this (still new)

What is your humidity at? sprayed the floor around the printer with water, also wiped everything down with a damp towel

What does your test print look like now? posting photo now

How did you clean the encoder strip? roland head cleaner on a lint free swab

If you do a fill test what does that look like? not sure how to do this test either.

Nevermind the cuts being off for now, that should be looked at separately.

answered the questions above & posted test print pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 97

klingsdesigns

I have problems like this and they were .. Head height was up and had to lower it, humidity is my biggest problem. Also had a hair stuck to one of my heads and it was dragging across. Also i had one or two lines off in the print test and that little bit threw mine off. i have a vp-540

player

Big mistake using Roland head cleaner on the encoder strip.

You are supposed to use isopropyl alcohol.

It may be damaged or compromised.

The 300's don't have the head height lever like the 540's.