• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with building sign

Meagan

IMG_9250.JPG
My husband just rented a building and needs a sign. I have attached an image of the existing signs on the building for the other offices. I am a graphic designer and am relatively new to the sign industry and work for a very small local business that is also new with owners that have never done signs before, and we are all learning as we go.

I am not familiar with what this sign is made out of, or how it is constructed. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

bannertime

It's going to be hit or miss with the responses you'll get but that sign is aluminum folded around an aluminum frame. Unscrew the two bolts on bottom and top and it should pop right off.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It looks like folded aluminum. For do-it-youselfers on a thin budget you could have a banner printed..doesn't last but a year or so. You could order a metal sign from a local sign shop and install yourself if your handy and steady on a ladder (doesn't look too large from the photo) The recommended and easiest (but most costly) answer is just design it, and send it to a sign shop to produce and install.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
At that angle, it's a little hard to tell what size that is. Can you help us out with that ?? I'm thinking around 2' x 5' or maybe a little bigger.

Billct2

Yea, I'm thinking the same as Gino. It looks like a folded aluminum pan, with a 2" or more frame. We would probably make it with doubled up 1"x1" aluminum tube. You would need to have a sheet metal shop bend the face for you.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I previously worked for the company that did the sign, and put the graphics on it- it's cut vinyl on a bent aluminum pan (.080", if I recall correctly) that was mounted on a 1" or 1-1/2" aluminum square tubing frame.
Addendum: Also, the sign is maybe 60" x 24", give or take.

2B

yup, as stated that is called a pan face.

you can either that that sign off the wall, remove the graphics and apply the new graphics or find a local metal fabricator with a finger break and they can make you a new face then put graphics onto that