• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with gradients in flexi

chad17

I recently updated to flexi 12 and since then have noticed some major changes from flexi 8. I am having trouble with some gradients. They look very odd. I will add a picture. Thanks for any help.

Pictures attached here sorry for quality
https://imgur.com/gallery/Buspn

ProPDF

We had the same problem. We noticed if we open the PDF in Flexi 12 Designer then sent to PM they were fine. If we try to import file directly to PM our gradients were not smooth and very grainy. We don't know what the fix is to import directly into PM to resolve this.

chad17

So far it only seems to be my black to white gradient that does this. I design in flexi and then send it to production manager. When I switch back to flexi 8 on my old computer the gradient doesn't look like this.

ProPDF

That is even more confusing if it's a native Flexi design. Maybe you need to create a new profile and create a gray balance scan? Side note depending on how we save out of Illustrator I know we loose random strokes too sometimes when bringing into Flexi 12.

ProPDF

When you go to create a profile in Flexi 12 the first tab has a small box that ask you if you want to measure the gray balance. We had problems with the profile in certain gradients especially black to white when we didn't measure this with our X-rite device. So it could be a profile issue. If you have not made a profile before this may not make sense.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    677.2 KB · Views: 175

chad17

I have messed around with color profiles a little but I have never created my own, so I'm no expert there but I will look into that thanks.