Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with LXi Expert 10.5

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by dynamicdezigns, Nov 6, 2012.

1. dynamicdezigns

dynamicdezigns New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    i go to cut a 1 color decal, or a multiple decal, with part of my design overlapped over another part. when i go to the cut/plot screen, it shows everything overlapped, and thats the way it cuts. how do i fix that? i attached a screen shot to show what i was talking about. you can see the "J" overlaps the hamburger, the word "hamburger" overlaps the "A". need any help possible in getting this fixed. would like it to cut just the stuff that needs weeded out. have had it like i want it before, just can not figure it out again

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    You need to WELD your image together so that instead of multiple curves you have one, you will also have to back-front on the areas where you want it to be blank but the underlying layer has curves. I find that that also speeds up the cut time.

3. dynamicdezigns

dynamicdezigns New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    i have done the welding to it, and for some reason, it still does not work