• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with main board .

nanee

nanee
If I send my main board out for repairs will my info still be in there when I reinstall or will I have to reset it all ... I have no power so can’t get to my settings . I have vp 540. Or would someone have a working one just sitting somewhere ... thank you. .. any imput will help. Thanks

IsItFasst

From my experience it always came back with the information on there after the repairs. I just reinstalled and started it right back up.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
If I send my main board out for repairs will my info still be in there when I reinstall or will I have to reset it all ... I have no power so can’t get to my settings . I have vp 540. Or would someone have a working one just sitting somewhere ... thank you. .. any imput will help. Thanks

Just a heaeds-up. VP540 mainboard is known for problem. You might want to give Ron a call. 323-351-8968.

netsol

I BELIEVE you only lose ALL info if non volatile memory is replaced.
at that point you need peck software or whatever to re-enter info

if system is reset and cmos battery removed some info is lost, but machine is not like it just came out of box. it depends on what is replaced

premiercolour

Merchant Member

Tell us more about what's going on with the printer? What is it doing?

Matt Gatenby

I BELIEVE you only lose ALL info if non volatile memory is replaced.
at that point you need peck software or whatever to re-enter info

if system is reset and cmos battery removed some info is lost, but machine is not like it just came out of box. it depends on what is replaced

I second this info after working in the IT hardware business for 25+ years...as long as the non-volatile memory, as well as the CMOS battery (an onboard battery usually a coin battery), are left alone then you shouldn't lose any settings