• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help with Production Manager.

Doug Pulver

I hope you can help with a small change. Today I was going to cut some vinyl in Flexi 8.1. When I went to click on "send" in the cut/plot window an error came up in the "Job / Status" Line that read "error could not open port". To make a long story short I went to the hardware window and found a question mark next to the usb device. I reinstalled the drivers for my Plotter and went back to Flexi. Now here's my problem, after doing the driver reinstall I noticed that when I send a job to the plotter the "status" now says hold. I now have to click on the production manager select the job and click the plot icon. I use to only have to click the send button in the cut / plot window, can it be changed back to do this again? Also I want to mention that I canceled the job many times in the production manager when the error came up before reinstalling the plotter driver. I'm using a Summa D60 Plotter. Thanks.

cgsigns_jamie

There's a drop down menu on the left side of the Cut/Plot dialog box for "Send Now" or "Hold in List"

I bet yours is set to "Hold in List"

I don't have my key with me so I can provide a screen shot. Let me know if you can't figure it out and I'll post a screen shot tomorrow.

Doug Pulver

Jamie, Thanks so much, I found the drop down box right under the material box. Your right it was set to "Hold In List". I reset it to "Send Now" and everything is back to the way it was. I should have looked a little closer. Oh well you live and learn. Thanks again.

michsanford

ADDITIONAL QUESTION:

We just bought a new computer, and everything is working fine, BUT in our drop down list, we don't have the option for "send now". All we have is "save to file" or "hold to list". Are we missing something?

We can still "hold to list" and go into production manager and send it from there...but that is an extra step that we didn't have before.

Any suggestions??

cgsigns_jamie

Is Flexi and Production Manager on the same computer?

If Production Manager is on another computer make sure you have "Allow Remote Send Now" enabled. It's under "Preferences", in the Edit menu of Production Manager.

(Going from memory, so the terminology might be off a bit)

michsanford

Yes, they are both on the same computer. We have tried it with that box enabled and disable..and nothing will make it give me that option...

AUTO-FX

in your production manager screen, on the left side, is there a check mark in the box next to your plotter set up?