• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with switching over from Xerox 8254E to Mutoh

MrPrint

Nubbs
Hello,

I have a Xerox 8254E Wide format printer that I would like to switch / convert over to Mutoh. I have read that there is a way to do it, I just cant find it anymore. I have contacted a Mutoh dealer and he is not too familiar with the process and is more interested in selling me a new printer then helping me.
Xerox is out of the Large format scene and I would like to get away from there $$$ eco-solvent inks to a cheaper bulk system. My shop is in Northern VA.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated it.

Mr. Print

UnlimitedBT

Hi, I have one of these for sale and while doing some research, I passed by more than one vendor offering bulk ink system for xerox...
If you set your mind to convert it to Mutoh, the information is in Eprom. I can't say for sure that it is applies to this specific printer but from my experience, somewhere in Service mode should be a reset to original factory specs i.e. Mutoh VJ1614 or you could just copy Eprom from mutoh on to new chip and install it in Xerox (will require access to actual Mutoh and device that can copy/write Eprom chips.)
May be hunt down parts printer or logic board from Mutoh on Ebay could be least expensive and time consuming solution.
Hmmmm, looks like rewrite/swipe eprom may not work, I just found a Logic board on ebay and judging from pictures, it does not look like there is a removable eprom chip...