• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with vj1614

Hi,
I just change all 4 damper in 1614. Ink is refilled in damper and also ink coming in the cap as well when I do cleaning. 10 time cleaning done but I try to print nozzels check, nothing is printing. What I am doing wrong.
Please help.

Pitzu

Could be some ink spilled on the printhead when you changed the dampers. If the ink gets on the printhead electrical connectors, it can cause short circuit. In that case, it's a blown fuse on the main board.

Could be some ink spilled on the printhead when you changed the dampers. If the ink gets on the printhead electrical connectors, it can cause short circuit. In that case, it's a blown fuse on the main board.
HI,
Thanks for picking up my question. I have checked 2 fuses, and they ok. Could it be a gap between gasket leak between head and manifold cover?
thanks,

Pitzu

If nothing is printing and you have ink flow in the heads, it means the power supply to the printheads is missing.
Changing the dampers was the only thing you did? Usually, when you remove the dampers some ink start to flow and it can get to the electrical connectors.
Which fuses did you check? Can you put a picture of them?

There 2 fuses on the mainboard, I had check I can remember the name but I think it is F1 or F2? They are located by the edge of the board.
thanks

There 2 fuses on the mainboard, I had check I can remember the name but I think it is F1 or F2? They are located by the edge of the board.
thanks
I am some where else at moment but as soon as I am by the printer will send you pictures. thanks

Pitzu

Most probable you've checked F6 and F7, since are easy to spot. You have another one, F2 behind the black radiator, between the black capacitors.
You have to measure all fuses with a multimeter, since they don't physically blow up.
Of course, all of this must be done with the printer unpugged and after you've discarded the remaning electricity in the printer (switching the power button to ON. You'll see the lights flashing for a second and you'll hear some relays click. After that you can switch the button to OFF and proceed with the measurements).

heyskull

Also if you have dripped ink onto the electrical connectors you could of blown the head which will require replacement.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it happened on my printer.
Just be happy it has not taken the main board with it.

SC