• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help

Acrazy1

We have a Mutoh vj1604. Yesterday we went to do a print job and the following happened. we are stumped on the cause and would like any information on how to fix the problem.
Thanks!
banding 1.JPG
banding2.JPG

AKwrapguy

Wow, do you know if there was any type of power surge or did someone trip over a cable? Have you done any updating of anything?

Joe House

looks like a bad cable. If you've not been doing any service work on this, I would suspect the long trailing cables going up to the carriage from the main board.

Acrazy1

There was not a power surge that we know of. It worked fine the day before. Turned it on and tried to do the print job and got the print inside alot of plaid looking Stripes while printing. Trying to figure out where the problem is to fix. Can't find any thing that would give us any clue to what we need to repair.

bad cable on the carriage sounds possible. thanks we will look.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Good suggestions above. You can also try taking the top long cover off the machine. Believe it or not it can be a temporary fix for this issue. If it does start printing properly after taking off the cover, your CR cables are bad.

Acrazy1

Ok we took the long cover and it started working except that now we get solid black line on the left and right edges of the print media. Was wondering if the solid black lines where a setting problem when we tried to figure out the first problem.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go into the setup menu and look for a menu called, "Flushing" or "Spitting" and turn it to origin instead of media.

Acrazy1

Good suggestions above. You can also try taking the top long cover off the machine. Believe it or not it can be a temporary fix for this issue. If it does start printing properly after taking off the cover, your CR cables are bad.
The problem started up again. We are new to mutoh what is an CR cable and how hard is it to change?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The problem started up again. We are new to mutoh what is an CR cable and how hard is it to change?

Taking the cover off is more of a diagnostic tool and not a fix. After a while you do just have to change the cables. The CR cables are the cables that run from the CR board, above the head carriage, all the way to the main board. They run along the ink lines. They aren't the hardest part to change but you have to be very careful not to get the edge of the cable caught on the edges of the sheet metal. They can cut the cable very easily. As I said, it's not hard but it does take time and patients. It can be very frustrating.

Acrazy1

Taking the cover off is more of a diagnostic tool and not a fix. After a while you do just have to change the cables. The CR cables are the cables that run from the CR board, above the head carriage, all the way to the main board. They run along the ink lines. They aren't the hardest part to change but you have to be very careful not to get the edge of the cable caught on the edges of the sheet metal. They can cut the cable very easily. As I said, it's not hard but it does take time and patients. It can be very frustrating.
Thanks for the info and quick response! One last question where is a good place to order one?

update: looking online I believe the this is it.
SKU: DG-40352

Last edited:

unmateria

Thanks for the info and quick response! One last question where is a good place to order one?

update: looking online I believe the this is it.
SKU: DG-40352
In Europe i usually buy in digiprint-supplies

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

Acrazy1

We went a 17 months and the problem started up again. So i'm sure CR cable finally went bad. looking for the part to replace it, and would like to make sure this is the correct part.
VJ-1604 CR FFC Assembly - DG-40352