• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help

bruce

I just recently purchased a used Mutoh 1608. It does print but am having trouble getting this printer all set up.
1: When I print from photo print 10 it prints the wrong dimensions. Like across will be correct but width is double. I have seen that there was a software update but I can't find a download. I am thinking it might help.
2: I have an eye 1 to profile but I can't get it to read the coroplast. The profiles that the seller provided lays down way too much ink.
3: I keep getting an e150 error. After research seems common with this printer. I just shut the air heat off to try to figure out the rest.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Chris1213

Hi bruce,

1: This can happen if incompatible resolution combinations are chosen in the rip. I've seen distortions as you describe when choosing, 720x1440 or 540x720, etc (on other models, not the 1604 specifically).. Choosing a resolution such as 720x720 or 1440x1440 etc usually resolves. Of course, this is assuming all other RIP and source file settings are correct...

2: Coroplast is tricky to calibrate, but it can be done. The RIP should have ink limiters you can adjust to lower the max ink load on the substrate. Once this is set to an appropriate level for the combination of substrate/ink/resolution/droplet size, etc, you can then start to linearize swatches.

Note: If the print is distorted due to improper resolution settings, such as #1 above, the ink load will be significantly higher on your prints than normal. Until you get the distortion corrected, it wouldn't make sense to calibrating #2...

bruce

Hi bruce,

1: This can happen if incompatible resolution combinations are chosen in the rip. I've seen distortions as you describe when choosing, 720x1440 or 540x720, etc (on other models, not the 1604 specifically).. Choosing a resolution such as 720x720 or 1440x1440 etc usually resolves. Of course, this is assuming all other RIP and source file settings are correct...

2: Coroplast is tricky to calibrate, but it can be done. The RIP should have ink limiters you can adjust to lower the max ink load on the substrate. Once this is set to an appropriate level for the combination of substrate/ink/resolution/droplet size, etc, you can then start to linearize swatches.

Note: If the print is distorted due to improper resolution settings, such as #1 above, the ink load will be significantly higher on your prints than normal. Until you get the distortion corrected, it wouldn't make sense to calibrating #2...

Thanks for the reply Chris
I will try your suggestions tomorrow and post the re
Hi bruce,

Thanks for the reply Chris
I will try your suggestions tomorrow and post the results, thanks!

bruce

I have tried all your suggestions and it still prints double in width every time.
I can not get the air dryer to work at all.
I did update the firmware and heater files, but it did not help.
This printer is frustrating!

unmateria

Just a rip problem :) try every quality Mode. Sometimes some printers work with some other drivers with only some resolutions (ergosoft 12 with vj1324 for example)

henryp

Is your printer a VJ-1608 or a VJ-1608H(x)? To confirm this, have a look at the label on the printer near the power inlet. The former is the first generation and did not have heated air, make sure you are using the correct printer driver in your RIP software.