• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Lettering Enamel Paint for Sign, Know any vendors?

vinylink0331

Have to paint a 4ft by 10ft sign. It will be painted 100%. No vinyl. Anyone know the best vendor to purchase sign lettering paint? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Where is Whiteville ??

There are several throughout the country.

Have you tried any of the N. Glantz's ?? Next would be Dick Blick.

signguy 55

Be prepared to charge accordingly.

I have a sign supply dealer here in Georgia that delivers to me once a week. If you order and the paint has to be shipped UPS they will charge a HAZMAT (hazardous materials) surcharge which I have been told can add around $25 or more to a quart of paint. One Shot quarts of bulletin enamels are around $20 - $25 a quart, they've doubled over the last 10 years, lettering enamels are even more expensive.

Be prepared to spend quite a bit extra. Maybe an old walldog in your area has some scraps of paint he would sell you. If it's been sealed tight it will last for years in the can.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's true for lettering paints because of their flash point, but bulletins can ride totally free. Their flash is lower, therefore under the radar.

So for the OP.... if you're coating out, buy all bulletin and if you're going to use frsiket or vinyl patterns, you can also use bulletin. So, save yourself the headaches of HAZMAT an go bulletin all the way and roll it on.

Si Allen

Forget using 1Shot!

It isn't the same any more. Doesn't cover well and fades quickly!

Try Ronan Paints or even gloss latex enamel!