• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Manual for Graphtec SignJet Pro Color Print & Cut JX1130 (or fix to problem)

ablesage

A while back I picked up a Graphtec SignJet Pro Color Print & Cut JX1130 and while it's not a perfect cutter, it does pretty good. I am looking for a copy of a manual for it, but also recently had a problem with the Media Feed drop down Media cutter, it was stuck and jammed up on the vinyl, I released the DOWN LEVER (should have turned it off instead) to let the material out and it made the plotter cutter part go back and lock onto the ink carriage part. I shut it off once getting the vinyl out of the roller area and when I turned it back on, it keeps saying that
Y POSITION ALARM
POWER OFF THEN ON
normally this will fix it, but it just clicks like it's trying to release, but it doesn't release.

So a solution to fix would be great and a copy of the manual (of course I would pay for your time to scan and email it to me, please reply here for everyone and I will be checking back).

PS before you ask, yes I contacted GraphTec and they don't have copies of the manual. I have also gone on line and found a couple people selling them and have sent off posts hoping to hear back.

Dallas

stillgreyfox

Have manual, and have fixed one of these recently

Hello,

I've a manual for the JX1130. It's plastic spiral bound, but should run through the autofeed scanner.

As for your problem.

The message you get to power on / off happens when the machine loses servo control of the carriage.
You can make it fault like this by pushing the carriage with enough force to overcome the motor's holding torque.

It sounds like you have a cutter carriage latched into the inkjet carriage, and as soon as you power on it throws the motion fault.

Did you have any hard impacts?

I'm a bit confused as to what got jammed up on the vinyl in your incident.

What specifically caught the vinyl, the main cutter blade, or something else?
Do you have the cross cutter blade that is on the left side of the cutter carriage?

Can you get it to move at all?

Have you tried dragging the carriage out of the bay (when off) and then powering up?

You can manually unlatch the inkjet carriage by pushing down on the little plastic hinge lock between the two.
A pen / small screw driver should fit.

Let me know how you fare, and I'll eventually get the manual scanned. It's mainly nice for figuring out the menu and settings. Has no real good drawings of the mechanical parts.

If the off chance it's a sensor, I've seen a few types. Pursuing this route would require more hands on testing.

If anyone reads this and is having problems with the machine not finding the pinch rollers, I know how to fix this problem.

ablesage

Have manual, and have fixed one of these recently

Hello,

I've a manual for the JX1130. It's plastic spiral bound, but should run through the autofeed scanner.

As for your problem.

The message you get to power on / off happens when the machine loses servo control of the carriage.
You can make it fault like this by pushing the carriage with enough force to overcome the motor's holding torque.

It sounds like you have a cutter carriage latched into the inkjet carriage, and as soon as you power on it throws the motion fault.

Did you have any hard impacts?

I'm a bit confused as to what got jammed up on the vinyl in your incident.

What specifically caught the vinyl, the main cutter blade, or something else?
Do you have the cross cutter blade that is on the left side of the cutter carriage?

Can you get it to move at all?

Have you tried dragging the carriage out of the bay (when off) and then powering up?

You can manually unlatch the inkjet carriage by pushing down on the little plastic hinge lock between the two.
A pen / small screw driver should fit.

Let me know how you fare, and I'll eventually get the manual scanned. It's mainly nice for figuring out the menu and settings. Has no real good drawings of the mechanical parts.

If the off chance it's a sensor, I've seen a few types. Pursuing this route would require more hands on testing.

If anyone reads this and is having problems with the machine not finding the pinch rollers, I know how to fix this problem.

ablesage

aaaah man, I must have figured that out, and a few problems since, but now having another one that I cannot figure out, call me at 503-707-2862 or email me at dallas@ablesage.com (hope you are still on here, sorry I have not been back since I posted this). My current problem is that the plotter will only let me advance so much material (a lot of times I like to advance how much I think I might need and then reverse it), but also when I have been doing longer graphics like I have tried 134" x 8" and it got about 3/4 of the way through and stopped, same with 222" piece x 10".

Also it has changed to mm, but I can do math (would like to change it back though).

Hope you are still on here (at least so I can apologize and hope you still have the manual for that)
Dallas