• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need new desktop (office) printer

Colin

For my desktop printer (invoices etc and the occasional photo) I have a Canon iP4300 8.5” x 11” printer, and it’s been working fine for over 10 years! Sadly, it looks like it’s starting to fail, so I need a similar replacement. Because I have very limited desk space, one of the most important things is a small footprint; the iP4300 is 11” deep, 17.5” wide, and 6” tall. Can anyone recommend a new printer? (I don’t want an “all in one” printer with scanner etc, just a printer).

Note: I also have a Canon Pro-10 pigment ink printer (13” x 19”) for photos, but the unavoidable, built-in auto-cleaning cycles were killing me on ink consumption; it got so bad that I turned it off about 8 months ago out of frustration. From what I understand, all printers do that sort of cleaning cycle now, even dye-based printers? So if there’s a printer out there that isn’t too bad in that regard, that would be an important feature too.

Thanks

CanuckSigns

We bought am epson ecotank printer that takes bottles of ink instead of cartridges, we print a ton of invoices, work orders and emails, most days we run over 150 sheets per day, we are still on the original ink bottles that came with the printer after 11 months. A new set of ink bottles cost around $45 for a set of 4. We've easily saved a few hundred dollars in ink from our old HP deskjet printer.

Might be worth a look if ink cost is a concern.