• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need pricing on a 26ft box truck wrap????

shelby berry

Need pricing on a 26ft box truck wrap???? Good client might have alot of trucks to wrap... but this one is a 26 ft box truck only the box sides and back door will be wrapped small logo on the doors, not sure what to charge for full ball of wax, design, print, lamination and install... anybody have experience with something like this????

AKwrapguy

Need pricing on a 26ft box truck wrap???? Good client might have alot of trucks to wrap... but this one is a 26 ft box truck only the box sides and back door will be wrapped small logo on the doors, not sure what to charge for full ball of wax, design, print, lamination and install... anybody have experience with something like this????

26ft by 12ft? 10ft? 8ft? How big is the rear door? Is it a full wrap, partial, just decal? Are you printing or is it just cut vinyl? Are they supplying the graphics or are you? How many is alot? Are you removing existing graphics?

shelby berry

26ft by 12ft? 10ft? 8ft? How big is the rear door? Is it a full wrap, partial, just decal? Are you printing or is it just cut vinyl? Are they supplying the graphics or are you? How many is alot? Are you removing existing graphics?
its was a full print on the sides back door and square print on doors and above the cab print, about 600 sq ft.... I quoted 7800 designed, printed, installed and he said he gets them done for 2400........lol

While 7800 is pretty high for that job, 2400 is pretty low. I’m sure wrapped with calendared film, but still is pretty low if including design as well. I think fair would be around $4800 in many markets. But depending on your area, you will see prices that vary that drastically what seems like more and more. Sad to see that, but it seems like the norm nowadays. All you can do is show the customer what makes you the better choice and why you’re worth the money. But at that difference I’m willing to bet they don’t care.

Dallas225

Whoever is wrapping that for 2400 must be real hard up for work lol that’s ridiculous I wouldn’t even look at it for that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

equippaint

Its low but with a calandered material you can back into $2400 and still have a profit depending on how quick you can install it. If its an FRP box, an aluminum box may make it tough. Not that it's what you should do or want to do but if the price is real, Id say the guy doing it is still eating lunch. From my experience, when people say they are paying X, they are usually paying a bit higher too. They want you to beat their current price not just match it.

AKwrapguy

its was a full print on the sides back door and square print on doors and above the cab print, about 600 sq ft.... I quoted 7800 designed, printed, installed and he said he gets them done for 2400........lol

What is your hard cost for the job? What is your markup? How long would it take you to prep the vehicle and apply the graphics? A+B+C= $$$

So lets say with your markup your material price is $8 a sqft (remember that you have to charge for material used not just the material applied. So now you your 600sqft probably turns more into 600+ and at $8 a sqft you looking at $4800+.

Now it's going to take you 1.5 hours for prep time and 20 hours for application. Lets say your time is worth $100 and hour. So now your got $2150. estimated in labor

Total $6950.00 not including any art time.

shelby berry

What is your hard cost for the job? What is your markup? How long would it take you to prep the vehicle and apply the graphics? A+B+C= $$$

So lets say with your markup your material price is $8 a sqft (remember that you have to charge for material used not just the material applied. So now you your 600sqft probably turns more into 600+ and at $8 a sqft you looking at $4800+.

Now it's going to take you 1.5 hours for prep time and 20 hours for application. Lets say your time is worth $100 and hour. So now your got $2150. estimated in labor

THANKS YOUR DEAD ON... I figured it up and came up with $7,000 out the door....

I think I'd go with 4-5k around here. Mostly I install those and I charge about 2.50/sq ft.

Install 600 sqft @ 2.50 sq/ft that's $1500. If that's what you charge why would you say 4-5k around here.

Print, lam and Install seems to go for about $10 sq/ft around here. $6000 on this job. Then you need to add in your design time if you are doing the artwork.

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
Install 600 sqft @ 2.50 sq/ft that's $1500. If that's what you charge why would you say 4-5k around here.

Print, lam and Install seems to go for about $10 sq/ft around here. $6000 on this job. Then you need to add in your design time if you are doing the artwork.

Sounds pretty close to what is typical in our area. About $10/psf. installed. If artwork is provided and print ready its included if not we'll charge seperately for the design portion of the project.

I'm concerned more than anything else about the amount of suggestions to use calendared vinyl though. Is this common? Haven't used any in years for anything but short term graphics or budget stuff like racecars. Otherwise charge a premium and use a premium product. It's good to say with confidence the quality of the wraps we produce will last 8-10 years if properly cared for. How many $2400 wrap shops are going to be able to say that with confidence?

There are so many different formulas to figure out your costs / time in these projects to figure out what you need to charge, just have to figure out which one works for your situation & circumstance.

Anyhow, thats my input for this post.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

2.50/sq ft is install only. Whole job 4-5k

equippaint

Sounds pretty close to what is typical in our area. About $10/psf. installed. If artwork is provided and print ready its included if not we'll charge seperately for the design portion of the project.

I'm concerned more than anything else about the amount of suggestions to use calendared vinyl though. Is this common? Haven't used any in years for anything but short term graphics or budget stuff like racecars. Otherwise charge a premium and use a premium product. It's good to say with confidence the quality of the wraps we produce will last 8-10 years if properly cared for. How many $2400 wrap shops are going to be able to say that with confidence?

Assuming this is a used box truck in the $8-20k price range, what is the point of even trying to sell a wrap that will potentially outlast the truck and with a price that is inching up on the value of the truck itself? It's not as if calandared vinyl only lasts for 6 months than falls off or burns up or something. There are no compound curves and many calandared materials are rated for this application with a 5+ year lifespan, i.e. Oracal 3551 with 215 or 290 laminate. Not everyone wants or needs a premium product and often times it's just a waste of money. You just have to manage expectations including your own.

CL Visual

I must be living in the wrong state. I am the expensive guy around and a 26ft box for 2 sides and rear goes for about $3,200. Add in front of box above cab and door lettering you're at $3600 plus about $400 art. It's less than a roll of material so lets say $800 in film and lam, $600 install labor, and lets say $300 in ink and production costs. Install for 2 guys on this should be no more than 5 hours. I have one guy that does it alone in a day.

On a side note, there are guys around that do it for well under 3 grand. I'm sure they're using calendared film but in NY these trucks get beat up quick and many companies seem not to care.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
You say that this is a good client of yours correct...

Have you looked at what he can get done for $2400? Is it a full wrap or lettered?

Full wrap for $2400 is a load of S..t

Do your calculations of material and time and your markup and that is YOUR price. Proof of “a lot “ of trucks is when you actually do “A LOT”. Give any discounts at the end! Find out how many. A lot is not a number

Brandon708

This is inline with my pricing as well. Using 3M 180 and 3M cast lam. Just not that long on the installation though. Install for me would be about $1400 or so

bannertime

There's no special price for the first one. The good pricing comes as more orders come in. That said, don't kill yourself on this price trying to get those other trucks. He'll talk you down even more on the next job.

TimToad

The variation in pricing is astounding and doesn't seem to fit any geographical pattern. The material is essentially the same cost whether you're in Cali, NY or Arkansas. The labor costs sound pretty similar too, so where is the big gap coming from?

A few stated lower labor times, but similar rates, so its got to be something else.

Not fully calculating one's overhead accurately?

Lack of cooperation and coordination between us all?

The failure of some to see the connection that one's prices affect all of our prices?

We'd be in the $6,000 for calendared "wrap" and $6,750 range using cast wrap.

Typestries

Ever notice how your clients are killing it? The landscapers, plumbers, tree guys, floor guys and so on? That's because they don't play stupid games like the sign industry does. What's with us? Another perfect illustration of the race to the bottom in this industry.

If you use 480 sq ft of a 600 sq ft wrap kit for a box truck, factor in the full kit. Why do we eat that 120 ft? The builders don't eat half that sheet of plywood!

What about the advertising and revenue generation value of our products?

Don't forget waste. You are paying for 54" of media 600' long. You're not using it all. This adds up.

Don't forget overhead! I bet you cant run a sign shop for less than $250/day. Where does that figure in?

Employer contribution to Payroll taxes?

The value of your time as an owner?

The skills you and your team have that do an 8 hour wrap install job in 5. You bill for 8, not 5. Your install speed skills have VALUE.

With 24 years in this business, I guarantee almost every one of us isn't making nearly enough at this today. Raising volume isn't the answer. That's just working more to make more. We could all do that at a JOB and work OT and accomplish the same.

Understanding costs, having strong margins, and setting price accordingly is the answer.

Stop asking "Need a price" questions. Get out your numbers, your calculator or your spreadsheet. Do the work, add it up, and add a healthy margin that gives you a comfortable but not lavish lifestyle. That's your price. Go out and win the job at your price that works for you, your family, and your company. If not, leave the crumbs for someone else and move on to the next one.

We don't need to collude, but many of us need to be way more realistic. We, as in industry can take steps to improve margins and more importantly work/life balance. It begins with discussions like these.