• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need rip software for Mimaki jv3 130sp2

Smrmx14

Vintage bike restorer
I have been trying to use vinyl master and the colors are way off. Can anybody help out on this one. I would hate to drop a bunch more cash for something that is not going to work for me. Anyone have one that will work for sale.

vivi0512

in france !
free use rasterlink 2 Month demo

Then every 2 month you re install windows and rasterlink, but i bought a rasterlink with finecut bundle at 300 dollars on ebay.... it could be easyer

GunnyJeeves

How did this end up?

I just got a JV3 and I want to get a Titan 3 ARMS cutter, so this is exactly my situation.

My best guess (as an outsider) is Vinylmaster XPT - JV3 rip and it's preferred cutting software for the Titan. Sounds like a jackpot...

Rasterlink? Mine is V2 (aka useless or use Windows XP) so can this work to process RIP and Cut from the same artwork file? I pretty well know the print part is fine.

Onyx - seems the standard / common option.

Gonna throw it out there, if anyone uses an old JV3, and a nice new Titan ARMS contour cutter, let me know your process.

My process right now is:
Design (vector and bitmap in Corel Draw)
Export to transparent png if transparent... jpg or tif if solid.
Open bitmap in Acrorip
Print on T-Shirt (DTG)

Corel Draw to .ai or .eps for cut
Vinylmaster Cut (trace bitmaps for Cut)

And now large format I would like one project that is both print and cut in one program. (Though this is two machines... printer, and arms cutter)

timgo

Graphics Designer
Acrorip is a cheap one rip software (not sign and rip) and work with a Mimaki JV3.
I am selling my used SignLab Print and Cut 10. Product comes with dvd and dongle. The list price on this item is $2800.00 but I am asking $1100 + $30 shipping.

I also have my old version for sale:
Version 9.1 $400 + $30 shipping

GunnyJeeves

Acrorip is a cheap one rip software (not sign and rip) and work with a Mimaki JV3.
I am selling my used SignLab Print and Cut 10. Product comes with dvd and dongle. The list price on this item is $2800.00 but I am asking $1100 + $30 shipping.

I also have my old version for sale:
Version 9.1 $400 + $30 shipping

Yeah... those options are a little high:

1. Acrorip - Does not work. No Mimaki driver. Just Epson. (There may be an equivalent Epson option, but for now, just no. Not going that route...)
2. Keep and use old decrepit Rasterlink Pro II... (AKA buy / build a windows XP desktop with FireWire card... $5 option for me as I have XP computer, and ordered a $5 FireWire port.)
3. Print and cut options: Vinylmaster XPT... gonna test it. ($5 adapter, put in my Windows 7 computer... buy crossgrade for $595 = $600 option.) great if it works.

I think other software options are too much right now. Will hold off for a bit just picking one of those three options.

Will post my testing results with Vinylmaster XPT (card arrives soon)

mchldelf

How did this end up?

I just got a JV3 and I want to get a Titan 3 ARMS cutter, so this is exactly my situation.

My best guess (as an outsider) is Vinylmaster XPT - JV3 rip and it's preferred cutting software for the Titan. Sounds like a jackpot...

Rasterlink? Mine is V2 (aka useless or use Windows XP) so can this work to process RIP and Cut from the same artwork file? I pretty well know the print part is fine.

Onyx - seems the standard / common option.

Gonna throw it out there, if anyone uses an old JV3, and a nice new Titan ARMS contour cutter, let me know your process.

My process right now is:
Design (vector and bitmap in Corel Draw)
Export to transparent png if transparent... jpg or tif if solid.
Open bitmap in Acrorip
Print on T-Shirt (DTG)

Corel Draw to .ai or .eps for cut
Vinylmaster Cut (trace bitmaps for Cut)

And now large format I would like one project that is both print and cut in one program. (Though this is two machines... printer, and arms cutter)
Would love to get an update on this. I currently have a jv3 that I'm working on getting running and I also have a Titan 3 with arms 68 in. I currently use vinylmaster LTR but downloaded the free demo for xpt which I prefer to use. Can't wait to hear your results.

GunnyJeeves

You guys I need the know will get a kick out of this one...

So update? I need a dongle.

Reality vs perception? A dongle is for the software right? And if the dongle is required, it's not for the printer driver. This is the accepted belief... however, this is not my case it seems. (face-palm....)

Step 1 - Critical / Absolute - You must have a 1394 adapter with a Texas Instruments chip. No other will do... (check! And I see a printer in my device manager.)

Step 2 - You must not have experimented on that system in the past. (EX: non TI chip 1394... failed install translates to permanent-failure on that system... non removable drivers) to try again format and reinstall Windows...

Step 3 - (possibly my un-recoverable mistake number 1) - Installed my box-o-software with no dongle... from the Rasterlink Pro II cd.
*** Works! I printed something!
*** Failed! It says dongle error, and rips with DEMO - Unlicensed all over it.

Step 4 - Download Rasterlink5 demo - Same fail (no dongle)

Step 5 - Tried Vinylmaster XPT - Rip error (dongle / license related) HUH??? Yep... no joke.

Step 6 - Uninstall all of them, driver too... repeat. Message about dongle driver I said no... complete fail

7 - Yes on dongle driver - Back to unlicensed...

So the reality of this situation:
1. Old software uses a dongle. If you ever install it, you are here:
2. It installs it as a blocking inhibitor to the printer driver. (So dongle is required even with non-Mimaki rip software)

My Dongle comes in tomorrow anyway, but I will still do this:

Will try this tomorrow:
1. New (yes third desktop system... I'm an IT guy.. got plenty) system, Win7
2. Will only use the download trial. (Rasterlink 5) 4color profile, and 3.40 driver.
3. Print. If this works?
4. Will try Vinylmaster XPT again... if that works?

Competitive upgrade to Vinylmaster XPT - $550 (Print and cut from one UI)
Vs upgrade to old V5 Rasterlink? $2900 (Holy cow!)
Vs reinstall XP, use dongle and screw it. ($FREE)

I'd prefer to pay $550 for Vinylmaster which is awesome. But I need a good test of the rip.

$2995 for an old version... I almost fell out of my chair.

GunnyJeeves

Would love to get an update on this. I currently have a jv3 that I'm working on getting running and I also have a Titan 3 with arms 68 in. I currently use vinylmaster LTR but downloaded the free demo for xpt which I prefer to use. Can't wait to hear your results.

I really want to hear what you think of that cutter!

mchldelf

You guys I need the know will get a kick out of this one...

So update? I need a dongle.

Reality vs perception? A dongle is for the software right? And if the dongle is required, it's not for the printer driver. This is the accepted belief... however, this is not my case it seems. (face-palm....)

Step 1 - Critical / Absolute - You must have a 1394 adapter with a Texas Instruments chip. No other will do... (check! And I see a printer in my device manager.)

Step 2 - You must not have experimented on that system in the past. (EX: non TI chip 1394... failed install translates to permanent-failure on that system... non removable drivers) to try again format and reinstall Windows...

Step 3 - (possibly my un-recoverable mistake number 1) - Installed my box-o-software with no dongle... from the Rasterlink Pro II cd.
*** Works! I printed something!
*** Failed! It says dongle error, and rips with DEMO - Unlicensed all over it.

Step 4 - Download Rasterlink5 demo - Same fail (no dongle)

Step 5 - Tried Vinylmaster XPT - Rip error (dongle / license related) HUH??? Yep... no joke.

Step 6 - Uninstall all of them, driver too... repeat. Message about dongle driver I said no... complete fail

7 - Yes on dongle driver - Back to unlicensed...

So the reality of this situation:
1. Old software uses a dongle. If you ever install it, you are here:
2. It installs it as a blocking inhibitor to the printer driver. (So dongle is required even with non-Mimaki rip software)

My Dongle comes in tomorrow anyway, but I will still do this:

Will try this tomorrow:
1. New (yes third desktop system... I'm an IT guy.. got plenty) system, Win7
2. Will only use the download trial. (Rasterlink 5) 4color profile, and 3.40 driver.
3. Print. If this works?
4. Will try Vinylmaster XPT again... if that works?

Competitive upgrade to Vinylmaster XPT - $550 (Print and cut from one UI)
Vs upgrade to old V5 Rasterlink? $2900 (Holy cow!)
Vs reinstall XP, use dongle and screw it. ($FREE)

I'd prefer to pay $550 for Vinylmaster which is awesome. But I need a good test of the rip.

$2995 for an old version... I almost fell out of my chair.
I apologize if I sound naive but what is dongle and how does it work in this instance?

GunnyJeeves

I apologize if I sound naive but what is dongle and how does it work in this instance?

No problem. Taking worst possible scenario. You know nothing about a dongle / software key / active license control device.

So a "dongle" is just a little USB thing with a "Key" built into it.

Your car uses a Key. Want to drive? You need your dongle / key to start it up... (even if you have the title / proof of ownership ... the tag / registration you still need a key.)

The key part is just something on the USB that is encrypted a specific way, so the software that uses it can verify it. If it verifies, it "unlocks" the software to let it run properly. Industrial software is commonly protected by active security like a key fob or dongle.

The surprise is how it is obviously implemented. It somehow locks out the printer driver, not the Rasterlink program. That's bad.

GunnyJeeves

I absolutely the love the cutter! I started with a Titan and loved that. Upgrading to a Titan 3 has been a huge difference. For the price you can't beat it.

If it bothers anyone, I will continue over PM... but you kinda hit the nail on the head here...

See specifically the Titan 3 or other ARMS cutter is WHY I want to find a single cut and print solution. It's one step away from having a print/cut machine in one.

So have you used the ARMS cut from something you printed yet?

That's supposed to be just snap in, and go.

Nuagedesigns

I have a new unused Software package of Rasterlink that came with a new Mimaki printer we purchased. Not sure of version at the moment but I can look later... If anyone is interested feel free to call me 203-736-7904 Bruce

GunnyJeeves

Back at it today.... Snowed in (LOL)... My precious dongle on the way (if the Fedex guy is in a snowmobile)

So here we go with what is it now? Round 3?

I confirmed that what I am seeing, I am NOT supposed to see.

None the less...

Windows XP, Uninstall ALL of the mimaki software, drivers, etc... then reboot and install only the demo of RL5?
Result --> Dongle Error.

New and previously untouched system... Windows 7... Install RL5 and driver only (so never had RL2 on it at all.)
Result --> Dongle Error.

I'm flat out stumped. Hands tied until dongle arrives. No clue what else to try.

GunnyJeeves

Dongle arrived and it now prints fine!

RL2 Pro with dongle - Full Version on XP - Fine. Full function now.
RL5 in demo mode with dongle on Windows 7 - Fine. Full function until expire date 60 days.
Will be buying the RL5 soon to stay on Windows 7. Will give final update when I put in key to see if dongle is still required.

OmegaAdv

You can do that - When you install new Win 7 with everything other programs ready to work with RL5 in trial, you can make a shot(Snapshot) on the disk and after two months to mount it, it renew all to the shot ;). I was with Onyx X and I didn't try it but I think it will work and it is very easy to do. My work comps are like that. If Win crashes I only mount the image and it is ready to work with every program freshly installed.

P.S. I was with Photoprint and Onyx X on my JV3 SP 4c, never with RL but have to tell that Onyx have a very good profile for 360x720VD. It is fast with very good gradation 16-bit.

mchldelf

Dongle arrived and it now prints fine!

RL2 Pro with dongle - Full Version on XP - Fine. Full function now.
RL5 in demo mode with dongle on Windows 7 - Fine. Full function until expire date 60 days.
Will be buying the RL5 soon to stay on Windows 7. Will give final update when I put in key to see if dongle is still required.
That's great! I would love to have a phone conversation with you if possible. I'm pulling my hair out and am hoping you can help me get up and running. Hope to hear from you!