• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Seal 65 EL replacement rollers

Sticks

I need the top and bottom rollers replaced on my Seal 65 EL laminator. I guess Seal was bought by GBC and they have not been responsive. Does anyone know of a third party company the refurbishes laminator rollers?

I have some rollers out of a SEALEZE 54 FAH that I just dismantled. Bottom roller has a cut or two that never really effected lamination. Top one is in great condition. They're the old oil-heated type..this laminator is probably 30 years old and an absolute tank.

If you're interested, I can measure em for you this weekend.

rjssigns

I need the top and bottom rollers replaced on my Seal 65 EL laminator. I guess Seal was bought by GBC and they have not been responsive. Does anyone know of a third party company the refurbishes laminator rollers?

Maybe these folks can help: rol-tec.com

Not sure if it would be cost effective or not.

greysquirrel

for the cost of the roller and installation, it makes more sense to buy a new gfp 363...the EL was a horrible design...jmo

ikarasu

If your roller is thick and you're just trying to fix some cuts.... You can bring it to a plastic shop that has a lathe and they can cut it down for you.

We had it done to our rolls roller... Cost was $300 and its as good as new now. Our seal laminator is next.... It has a ton of cuts from the previous operator... It still works good though so we haven't bothered.... I expect it'll cause issues eventually. The bottom roller isn't that important, ours has deep cuts and gouges and it still laminates perfectly because the top is fine. So I suggest trying to lathe the top and see if that helps.