• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need so help with a Grass cloth wallpaper?

Annette Asberg

Hi again
Now I need some help with a Grasscloth wallpaper, don't know if its the right word but it is has a textured like canvas paper and would like to ask if I could use some kind of vinyl to cover the texture or if I need to remove it? I really hope that I don't need to remove it because that would be a huge problem.
To conclude do you know of any vinyl that could go on top of the textured one?

visual800

i cant offer help on what would cover BUT as far removal the times I have removed Grasscloth I have grabbed a corner of it and ripped it down and it wasnt that bad. Spayed water on the paper backing that was left on wall and just "squeegeed" the back off. It was messy but not too bad to get off

letterman7

Covering it isn't going to make the pattern go away. It's likely to enhance it if anything since now it'll be a gloss finish. Take it down.

Andy D

At my old shop I covered textured wallpaper with printed, textured wallpaper, using a liberal
amount of professional wallpaper glue & it turned out great, no problems except for
there being a lot of glue to clean away.