• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some face mounting advice

Briangudas

Hi,
We are new to the business of face mounting images to acrylic. We are doing as small as 5x7-30x30 on 3/4" and as large as 24x40 to 30x90" on 1/4" optix. We are using a Diage 38" right now... totally have dust under control at this point but still seem to get bubbles. The bigger the print the more bubbles.

Questions
1) Is that machine appropriate for pressure mounting prints that large? The roller is kind of small so constant pressure on both sides seems critical but some bubbles in the middle make me think bowing could be an issue

2) Would moving up to an RS or GBC titan likely make a difference or does it sound like we still have a process problem?

really appreciate any help here, we are new and trying to quickly climb the learning curve. I am a photographer / printer prior to this so it is not too far from home but I am still missing something

thanks for the help
b

Briangudas

Seal 410 Laminator Appropriate for Facemounting?

Maybe one more question, looking at a seal 410 laminator for our face mounting. Is that a pretty solid unit? I like the 120v option and the 1"+ spread . Any reason I should not love this unit?

Thanks
Brian