• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Some Help Please

Jeggers105

Had a Windows XP machine fail and had to set up a new machine and reinstall Wasatch v6.4 on it. Previously I was using a USB connection directly from the computer to an Epson Stylus Pro 9600 with a Generic/Text Only print driver. I have everything working again except I can't get the computer to communicate with the printer. When I select the dropdown under Setup for Physical Connection it only gives me an option for LPT1. Can anyone tell me how back to where the Physical connection text box displays "Generic/Text Only on Ne02"? That's what is said previously when it was working.

Thanks,
John

bbeens

John-

You need to create that 'Generic Text/only' printer in Windows. From the Start menu select Printer and Faxes. Then click the Add Printer button. When prompted for which port make sure to select the correct USB virtual port that was created when you plugged in the printer. After the port you will be prompted for the driver, select Generic as the manufacturer and select Generic Text/Only for the printer. Make sure to name the printer with 'Generic' as the first word. This will allow Softrip's Physical Connection to recognize this printer.

Let me know if you have any troubles.

Bryan