• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need some suggestions

gabagoo

Basically have to strip current logos off of 9 truck doors (aluminum) and re-letter with basically 3 lines of generic copy. Easy job, except it is now winter and too cold to work outside. They have no indoor facilities and I suggested that we need to cover up whats on there now and wait till spring to do a proper job of stripping and redoing the doors. What options do I have. The trucks are 40 foot tankers and just won't fit into our garage. I am thinking that I could print the new info on some calendered removable vinyl with grey adhesive backing, but still would need to wait for a day that gets up to ay least 5 degrees celcius. Any other ideas?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You said truck doors, not the entire tanker. Can't you at least fit a tractor in your garage ?? That'll only be about 25' long if that. If not, rent a place where you could put 4 or 5 at one time and do it over 2 days.

Marlene

coming from the other great white north, Vermont, I know winter can really screw up outside jobs. for 9 trucks, would it be worth it to them to rent a place? if not can you make a make shift shelter that you can use to set up by the doors so you can use a heat gun or a space heater might help. other wise doing the cover decals until spring sounds reasonable

gabagoo

You said truck doors, not the entire tanker. Can't you at least fit a tractor in your garage ?? That'll only be about 25' long if that. If not, rent a place where you could put 4 or 5 at one time and do it over 2 days.

I should say that the turning radius to get them in is pretty tough, but also I don't want the garage doors open for extended periods of time. 9 trucks sounds great but it is only the doors and most of the time will be spent striping the old graphics off. the new graphics would take 2 minutes to apply on a clean door...very easy.

Marlene

something like this is pretty cheap and you can put a space heater in it if you dare and that write the cost of it into the quote

Attachments

• shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 160

2B

Yes, these shelters are great to have
we use a portable shelter except for the opposite reason here in the deep south during the summer months

Gino

Premium Subscriber
something like this is pretty cheap and you can put a space heater in it if you dare and that write the cost of it into the quote

Only problem with that is........ to fit a tractor in there with stacks and whatnot, ya need a much bigger one than one for storing summer vegetables or a lawn mower. Those tractors are probably close to 13' tall and about 25' long, with a good 6' width and until you get to both sides with room to work..... that thing is gonna be kinda useless. You'll be at least close to $1,000.00 with shipping to get something the size ya need for this project.

mmblarg

We live in a city with a couple of other sign shops who we have good working relations with - when we hit the same issue in the past, we were permitted to borrow the space from one that had a larger hanger than we did. We also do work with various shops and airports that we might have been able to call on for a favor. I would check who around you has what you need and see if you can either be allowed to use the space or if you might be able to cut a deal and pay them for their troubles.

Best of luck!