• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need someone to inspect HP FB700 in Maryland

Glavin_ID

I am looking to purchase a used HP Scitex FB700 which is located in Maryland. I am located in Ohio. I would like a third party to inspect the machine for me prior to purchase but HP is telling me that since I am not the owner of the machine, I can't schedule an HP tech to do the inspection. Anyone have any input? I would be willing to hire and pay a third party if they had the knowledge to to the inspection, just don't know where I would find that person. I pretty confident it is in good shape because I have seen photos, usage reports, nozzle tests, and video of it running. That said, if I am going to spend the money, I want a third party opinion.

signman315

Signmaker
I am looking to purchase a used HP Scitex FB700 which is located in Maryland. I am located in Ohio. I would like a third party to inspect the machine for me prior to purchase but HP is telling me that since I am not the owner of the machine, I can't schedule an HP tech to do the inspection. Anyone have any input? I would be willing to hire and pay a third party if they had the knowledge to to the inspection, just don't know where I would find that person. I pretty confident it is in good shape because I have seen photos, usage reports, nozzle tests, and video of it running. That said, if I am going to spend the money, I want a third party opinion.
Hi Glavin, I know the machine inside and out. I currently have an FB550 and ran a FB950 for over 5 years. In that time I’ve personally done the repairs on them including head replacements, data cable replacements, encoder sensor, encoder strips, various filters and lines, head board, Lamp housings...and all kinds of other repairs....pretty much worked on every part of the machine at some point. I’ve also worked on some CNC machines, plotters, laminators, etc. I’m in upstate NY but depending on what you’re offering might be willing to take a look at it. Send me a direct message and we can discuss if you’d like.

Glavin_ID

Signman, thanks for reaching out. I would like to find someone who is a little closer to the DC/Maryland area. If that doesn't pan out, I might be in touch.

gnemmas

Try the service technician you will use in your shop, not the HP technician, but where you are going buy inks and service this machine. You are going to need Inspection, de-commission at the site, and install at your site.

I paid $3,000 for this service from my local supplier and worth the money.

For transportation, a 20' enclosed trailer, so called" toy hauler" with back door open up as ramp is perfect, and cheaper. Push in and out with the roller on the printer, save you the forklift cost on both end and a rigger.