• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need supplier of cedar for sandblasting

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Our previous supplier of redwood/cedar is no longer in business. Anyone have any suggestions? Looking for Pre-glued up to 10ft length, around 2in thick, up to 2-4ft height

GB2

Old Member
I don't think you can purchase pre-made blanks anywhere anymore that are in any way acceptable. The best thing to do is go to the lumber yard and buy cedar framing lumber and glue them up yourself.

tbullo

Superunknown
I have used All Wood sign blanks before in a pinch. They are ok, mostly made up of 3'' strips but it is vertical grain. Doesn't quite have the feel of a 2 x 12 built sign. Harbor sales stocks some of their supply for east coast shipping. Even if their site says not in stock I would still call them.

Last edited:

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Do you do your own blasting?
If not you might want to sub out the whole job.

Yes, we've been doing sandblast for years. HDU, stone, and Redwwod. We've run into a snag with our vendor and now looking for another resource.

Billct2

In that case I think you may need to set up to make you own blanks. The one problem I always had was getting a nice smooth surface. For sandblasted blanks belt sanding or a hand planer may be sufficient. If you need a "perfect" surface a table planer is great, but not cheap. Maybe there's a wood shop in the area that would run your blanks through their planer for a few bucks.