• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need the highest adhesive white vinyl

gabagoo

A good customer ordered 20" x 36" reflective decals from me with their logo on them.

I printed everything on 2 ml clear and then laminated it to 3M white vehicle grade reflective.

Customer did not explain to me that they were going on a tank on a vac truck that is made of a slightly pebbled surfaced plastic.

he said my decals basically peeled off, but said that the tank did have decals on it from the mfg, which they took off and he said they were stuck on very well.

I sent him a sample of the 3m perma grip and he called to say it lasted 10 days and basically never really held on permanantly
I called a screen printer friend and asked what the strongest adhesive he uses and it is a Flexcon RTS vinyl.
I think that only comes in sheet form but I will make it work, I am just wondering if anyone has any other high adhesive vinyls they may have used....Someone made something that stuck to the tank.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The original decals might've been mylar. That's some strong sh!t right thar. I don't care what anybody says.

synergy_jim

Convex or General Formulations Moto Wrap.

Surface needs cleaned with degreaser and alcohol prior to install. 3M primer 94 also works wonders on dimpled plastic although some of the people around here are scared to do it.....

peavey123

I've used Arlon DPF8000 in the past for things like that. I believe it was originally meant for concrete?...not sure...I don't get those requests often enough.

ProWraps

we run through miles of arlon 8000. we print thousands of large product decals every month that go on a stippled fiberglass with no gel coat. it sticks great.

sar bossier

It's also $400 a roll and no partials....uggg. never needed it till now so basically I will use 5 yds and let the rest rot...or wait!!!! might make a great dog hair picker upper!!!.....

That's one expensive dog hair picker upper ... OUCH! I think high bond masking tape would cost less ........................................

just sayin! :wink:

gabagoo

$400 a roll isn't that bad....!

I've ordered probably $2-3K in weird materials in the last week for one time use jobs....now that hurts. :banghead:

yes but did you only use $100 of it and let the rest sit and be hopeful it might move? I cant be doing stuff like that anymore and I have not the space to store stuff

gabagoo

Not quite.....used almost enough of each roll to justify bringing it in though.

I haven't done it in a long time (eventually you end up with some of just about everything) but I just cleaned out my media storage and thought it was a good time to fill er up again! :Big Laugh

It always sucks bringing in full rolls for specific applications...but I bet once you bring it in you'll find other uses for it. :thumb:

yea picking up corgi fur out of my car....lifetime supply!!!! :ROFLMAO:

knabbie

Quality Media and Laminating has a vinyl that is very aggressive it is
Duravinyl 435 under $300.00 for a 54"x150' roll not sure how much it shrinks