• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need to convert .CDL to .Ai

Hi,

I have a customer that brought me his file for his race car but its a .CDL and I can't open it in Illustrator. The company that designed it is no longer in business. Can any body convert the file for me? To a .ai, .pdf, or .eps

Thanks in advance.

Zach

rcook99

Hi,

I have a customer that brought me his file for his race car but its a .CDL and I can't open it in Illustrator. The company that designed it is no longer in business. Can any body convert the file for me? To a .ai, .pdf, or .eps

Thanks in advance.

Zach

Send it over, be glad to help.

Marlene

googled it as never heard of a cdl extension. it said it was a signlab extension for vector files. should be someone here who can read that

Ppcwilly

Tried to convert

I tried signlab 7-8-9 and the program would give error:
File was created with a later version of the product. May not be able to read entire file.
Do you wish to continue? (Discio 12245)

Bill

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
How did it get there to AI? What made it work? I got the same issueS. THANKS

I run SignLab, Corel, AI and Omega. Typically whenever I need to convert one format to import into another format, .eps is 99% compatible.

BUT...with that said, .eps files brought into SignLab typically have "double line" cutting issues unless I first bring the .eps into Omega first and save it there.

Unbelievably crazy, I know...but it works.

JB