Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to refurbish Lamintor Rollers

Discussion in 'Laminators' started by fresh, May 30, 2019.

1. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    It looks like we need to either replace or refurbish the rollers on our laminator. What do I google to find someone who can mill them locally? I have a US Tech Laminator and I haven't even reached out to them to find out replacement cost or availabilty. I assume its going to be expensive.

Tags:
  2. cmoist

cmoist New Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Lebanon, OH
    • Like Like x 1
  3. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    I called US Tech, its $1200 per roller to replace. I bought my laminator exactly 5 years ago for $2775. The same model now costs $3350. My partner thinks we should probably just buy new rollers, and I sorta agree.

4. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    maybe check with a local machine shop, and see if they offer Milling services- I think a lathe with a sharp blade can do it. they may be able to put a crown on it too...
    Also -you can swap them -Upper to bottom and bottom to upper if the lower is in better chape.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    • Like Like x 1
  6. aparat

aparat Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Slovenia
    you can refurbish the rollers by a company that refurbish offset rollers - they grind the old silicone down and re-siliconize the roller. The cest in our country is about 300$ for a 160cm roller.

7. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    • Like Like x 1