• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to refurbish Lamintor Rollers

fresh

It looks like we need to either replace or refurbish the rollers on our laminator. What do I google to find someone who can mill them locally? I have a US Tech Laminator and I haven't even reached out to them to find out replacement cost or availabilty. I assume its going to be expensive.

fresh

I called US Tech, its $1200 per roller to replace. I bought my laminator exactly 5 years ago for $2775. The same model now costs $3350. My partner thinks we should probably just buy new rollers, and I sorta agree.

Jburns

maybe check with a local machine shop, and see if they offer Milling services- I think a lathe with a sharp blade can do it. they may be able to put a crown on it too...
Also -you can swap them -Upper to bottom and bottom to upper if the lower is in better chape.

aparat

you can refurbish the rollers by a company that refurbish offset rollers - they grind the old silicone down and re-siliconize the roller. The cest in our country is about 300$ for a 160cm roller.