• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Need to scale my business

artofacks1

We been opened for about 4 years now. Its a family business, Wife and I bought the machines. I learned how to us them and pretty much to my design background and built it. My son helps me design and my wife and daughter helps me print and laminate. I pretty much do all of the die cutting.

I run this out of our library at home. So I can not take anyone in and get help. My idea is I need to get some one to print, laminate and die cut for me. I am thinking of getting a small office and training some one.

What have you guys done to teach and employ someone so you can focus on the business aspect more?

equippaint

The hard part will be finding someone that you can leave alone all day long. Anyone with experience that will work good unsupervised would pass on such a low skilled position. Not being rude but its the truth.

Emd2kick

Wow 6 figures, Is that suppose to be impressive? You live in LA, I’m in NYC metro...so again is this a hobby.

Might be a job if you lived in the Midwest haha

Emd2kick

It's best to be humble, it's a difficult thing to do. We're all one accident away from loosing everything, so be careful how you act with what you've been given.
While I agree to an extent, I couldn’t conduct business that way. If I don’t believe I’m better then my competition in every way, then no reason to get out of bed in the morning. Not being impressed by the 6 figure comment (which was not a humble comment by the OP), doesn’t make me not humble....just higher on the food chain.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
While I agree to an extent, I couldn’t conduct business that way. If I don’t believe I’m better then my competition in every way, then no reason to get out of bed in the morning. Not being impressed by the 6 figure comment (which was not a humble comment by the OP), doesn’t make me not humble....just higher on the food chain.

:noway:

equippaint

Ok. Thats a bad way to think. Personally, I get out of bed every morning because Im not the best at everything, actually anything.
Why even get out of bed? If you are so good, why not stay on the sofa until the rest of the world catches up?
There is not a single being on this earth that you cant learn something from. I can assure you that your competitors have many things that they are better at than you. Nobody is the best at anything, its all perception. With that attitude, you will sit still while those around you advance.

Emd2kick

Wow 6 figures,
Ok. Thats a bad way to think. Personally, I get out of bed every morning because Im not the best at everything, actually anything.
Why even get out of bed? If you are so good, why not stay on the sofa until the rest of the world catches up?
There is not a single being on this earth that you cant learn something from. I can assure you that your competitors have many things that they are better at than you. Nobody is the best at anything, its all perception. With that attitude, you will sit still while those around you advance.
I think some of those lines are from a fortune cookie. It’s believing in yourself and company, pushing to be the best (is that phrased better for you?). I’m not saying that I can’t continue to learn, but I am saying I honestly believe I’m better then you (specifically and in general)....and that’s reason enough to wake up and push every morning to ensure I stay that way. Xoxo

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Wow 6 figures,

I think some of those lines are from a fortune cookie. It’s believing in yourself and company, pushing to be the best (is that phrased better for you?). I’m not saying that I can’t continue to learn, but I am saying I honestly believe I’m better then you (specifically and in general)....and that’s reason enough to wake up and push every morning to ensure I stay that way. Xoxo

I think there are a good amount here, reading your posts who KNOW they are better / more mature then you...

equippaint

Wow 6 figures,

First, nothing that comes out of my mouth resembles a fortune cookie lol, Im pretty pessimistic and grumpy. Second, it's cool with me if you think you are better than someone that you don't know, they do say that ignorance is bliss. Explains a lot.

artofacks1

appreciate everyone’s replies, I replied with that it’s pulling a 6 figure income as I figured it would show the potential it has to grow more.

I’m sure it’s going to be a difficult task to find some with the correct skill set. Looks like we have a lot to think about.

Tim4

appreciate everyone’s replies, ........... Looks like we have a lot to think about.

Have you considered outsourcing? We use Micky and Alison Rodriquez from SignTeam.Us. I found them here and they have been a game changer for my small company.

Keep member Neato in mind for design when you get stuck, need help, become too busy, or are looking for next level design work.

-tim